British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

It doesn't matter if it is down to time or humidity.When he takes the job on he knows how much time he is going to get and he also knows he has no control over the weather.It isn't good enough with 55,000 punters paying up front to just take a suck it and see attitude.Hope for the best.Hw about the fans saying i'll pay a tenner up front and if the track/meeting turns out ok i'll send the rest in the post

Anyway,as has been said plenty of times I think the track was just the icing on the cake.The poor ref and the faulty start gate(which was also supplied by Olsen.......too cold,has been suggested there)the main cause i'd suggest

Ok i've listened to your comments, tell me why Parken is so good!!

And what Nationallity is Ole Olsen ?

Olsen Danish

Olsen Danish

Just sayin...

Ok,say he gets more time.Does that matter?Like I said when he takes on other jobs he knows beforehand how much time he will get and he knows beforehand it isn't the same as at parken.So,who is to blame?I'll tell you who.The man who takes on a job where he knows he won't be able to do as good a job as he does at parken

• Like 1

Quite right, iris. If he isn't given enough time he should say so, not take the money and hope for the best. Not enough time is no excuse.

• Like 1

Adam Shields posted this on facebook:

e liked to have seen the worlds best, continue to negotiate the conditions and adapt to them.. Admittedly, it looked rubbish and i would have been the first one in the van but, that was one of the reasons that i never took part in a qualifying round to even try to be part of the GP series.. However, on the other hand, i applaud the boys for sticking together and not being the puppets that they (GP riders) have been on more than one occasion.. Where better to make a statement about safety or that generally, they are in charge, than in front of the biggest crowd at a speedway meeting (i guess ???) since the 81 world final at Wembley, in the worlds biggest speedway country.. If it was a unanimous decision, I just wonder how the hell they got Bomber to agree ?

How strange, this is the whole post, no idea why only half of it posted sorry!!:

Feeling somewhat confused at the moment.. I just finished watching the 1st GP and on one hand, i can't work out why there was no heat 13-22 ? This could mean that I am now nothing more than an armchair critic but i thought that looked pretty much like a lot of the meetings i've seen on a temporary track.. Yeah some boys got out of shape and came off but, i seem to recall that happening on many of the occasions that a meeting has been held indoors.. So for that reason, i'd have liked to have seen the worlds best, continue to negotiate the conditions and adapt to them.. Admittedly, it looked rubbish and i would have been the first one in the van but, that was one of the reasons that i never took part in a qualifying round to even try to be part of the GP series.. However, on the other hand, i applaud the boys for sticking together and not being the puppets that they (GP riders) have been on more than one occasion.. Where better to make a statement about safety or that generally, they are in charge, than in front of the biggest crowd at a speedway meeting (i guess ???) since the 81 world final at Wembley, in the worlds biggest speedway country.. If it was a unanimous decision, I just wonder how the hell they got Bomber to agree ?

Good comment in this weeks MCN http://t.co/GdhwoItX4C

Telling it how it was..........

• Like 7

Ok,say he gets more time.Does that matter?Like I said when he takes on other jobs he knows beforehand how much time he will get and he knows beforehand it isn't the same as at parken.So,who is to blame?I'll tell you who.The man who takes on a job where he knows he won't be able to do as good a job as he does at parken

Iris was that meeting not being completed, has that made sure any other mistakes would be under scrutiny.? I do believe that meeting at the weekend should of gone through and been completed but would that be RIGHT..? i know our sport has been BADLY dented bigtime it might not recover the Series certainly has a big job to restore faith.

I really do hope we find out the real details for the cancellation of this Event. I don't want to upset BW so I will say yes - it could have been Rider power - but - it could be other things as well.

Dear me WK.

There is absolutely no doubt it was rider power that caused it to be postponed.

I think you are the only person on the planet who doesn't believe that.

The debate is whether the riders were right!

Are you seriously suggesting BSI or the FIM decided, hang on, might be a good idea to abandon this after 12 races, that will go down well!

• Like 1

Yup..

Good?. It's SUPERB.. Thank you for putting this up. Terrific piece of reporting. that i'm sure will be overtaken by tomorrow's Speedway Star. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Regards. Alan.

• Like 3

Right, but you do agree then that he can prepare a good track!

Just taking a different tack for a moment.

It took THIRTY FOUR years for Speedway to get a crowd in excess of 50,000.

The last one being at Wembley in 1981.

And yet on Saturday night the riders have effectively ensured that no other crowd of that size may ever attend a Speedway meeting again.

Ever.

Quite amazing to think of that, isn't it?

And hardly surprising that they have taken a vow of silence on the matter, either.

• Like 3

Right, but you do agree then that he can prepare a good track!

In Copenhagen,but this meeting was never ever scheduled to be in Copenhagen,at any time,never