Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Harris states the track was unraceable so was it worse than when he won the cardiff gp because the track that night looked far worse to me unless we have moved on and what used to be acceptable isnt anymore.

Where is this please?

Speedway Star page 9.

Harris quoted, in complete defiance of what I saw him do, himself, in heat 9.

The guy must be a member of MENSA

Edited by Grand Central

Speedway Star page 9.

I think Bomber is a bit like starman. He hears people he respects saying things and then repeats it himself.

I take it you don't see a need for an inquiry then ?

Er, no, not really.

In any walk of life.

When was the last time an enquiry got to the REAL truth.

Lies can live on for years.

why put the biggest SGP event in decades up first when everybody's just had six months off ?

why no back up tape system ?

So looking to forward to the Swedish league.......but just hoping I get a full gp in Stockholm !!

Speedway Star page 9.

Ha ha thanks. I don't get the SS...

What rain?

The track was in the same condition at heat 10 as it was for heat 11 and yet it was safe for heat 10 but suddenly unsafe for heat 11. It didn't rain in the slightest.

So please enlighten me as to why the meeting was abandoned ?

Top marks to Paul Burbidge's effort to report on the repeated "excessive moisture" problems of the dodgier temporary tracks over the SGP years, even if plenty of major football stadia groundsmen could have said much the same as far back as 20 years ago or longer !!

Next time Tottenham are at home you'll see how hard they find it to maintain any grass on their pitch along its whole southern goal-line

All well and good Arthur,the problems with football pitches are well know.Can't really compare it with a temporary speedway track though as the idea is a pitch is alive and it is hoped,stays that way for a long time and is open to the elements unless there is a roof.A speedway track is we hope stored in a controlled environment and therefore should have the required moisture content on arrival which means it shouldn't be over moist,but should require moisture as the track is layed.Obviously if it is too moist on arrival then you are ucked,unless you also have the required equipment to take the moisture out of the material.Is it really rocket science to keep some shale dry?I've seen warehouse full with coffee beans drying out.Surely when the shale is stored it should also be dried,ready for the next meeting.....

First stirrings of legal action.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/516401/pierwsze-pozwy-przeciwko-pzm-zlozone

Polish organisers get sued. Polish organisers sue BSI. BSI sue the riders. Riders sue Ole Olsen.. Olsen sues the shale supplier........... :lol: This one will run and run and run... The lawyers will ensure that. :approve: Regards. Alan.

Have you been asleep for 3 days :lol: see my post 1052

• Like 1

It is a mystery isn't it really. Makes you wonder if there was an agenda that night that none of us have thought about

Edit A bit of a discussion within a discussion here. I am of course referring to Belle Vue v Poole last season, not Saturdays GP

Edited by Oldace

It's 'so black and white' but you then say it 'seemed' to be the starting gate that was the issue, not factual then?

This thread has revealed things that most of us would not have been aware of yet you complain that it's still going, stop contributing to it if you want it to end. It's a decent thread imo because in the main it hasn't descended into snide remarks and backbiting.

Just sayin'

black and white as in the riders got it abandoned when it basically should of continued

Because Poole had enough points by then to win the league.

stop going over old ground

Please enlighten me as to why the meeting even proceeded to Heat 10, if as you say, the 'rain' and 'track' were the issue.

Anyway, been there done that.

Edited by BWitcher

Please enlighten me as to why the meeting even proceeded to Heat 10, if as you say, the 'rain' and 'track' were the issue.

Anyway, been there done that.

Indeed we have, and no doubt Starman made a pr!ck of himself then as well, a glutton for punishment