British Speedway Forum
mc1874

What Is The Average Age And Gender Of The British Speedway Fan?

I contacting a member of admin and had a reply asking for more details on 15th December to which I replied but since then nothing.

Oh!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think that there is a way to set up a Poll on here - but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Perhaps one of the Mods or someone with more knowledge than I could oblige. I think it could be interesting.

Thanks for that TWK I also think it could be interesting especially to see the figures for male / female split. When discussing speedway to the uninitiated they all seems to think its a male spectator sport but you just have to look round at any meeting and I roughly estimate that it could be a 60/40 male/female split.

Can anyone help with info on setting up a poll?

Thanks for that TWK I also think it could be interesting especially to see the figures for male / female split. When discussing speedway to the uninitiated they all seems to think its a male spectator sport but you just have to look round at any meeting and I roughly estimate that it could be a 60/40 male/female split.

Can anyone help with info on setting up a poll?

cant help with the poll but couldnt resist a suggestion re the gender split.

Going by a certain thread in the general discussions it could well be more like 59/40/1.

• Like 2

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

The White Knight, on 23 Jan 2015 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

I think that there is a way to set up a Poll on here - but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Perhaps one of the Mods or someone with more knowledge than I could oblige. I think it could be interesting.

I contacting a member of admin and had a reply asking for more details on 15th December to which I replied but since then nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now 28th January and still no reply from admin. Anyone know how to get a response?

Edited by Skid Sprocket

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

The White Knight, on 23 Jan 2015 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now 28th January and still no reply from admin. Anyone know how to get a response?

Sorry - I don't know.

I think that Tom Jones got it about right:

"It's not unusual"...................

Edited by The White Knight

Since the 15th December I have been waiting for a reply from Phil in admin with no response even though he was on line yesterday. I have just tried to p.m. him but get the message that he is not accepting new messages, he seems to be the only one in admin to go on line regularly with some not active for over a year!

Are there any admin members who are active and can contact me?

Since the 15th December I have been waiting for a reply from Phil in admin with no response even though he was on line yesterday. I have just tried to p.m. him but get the message that he is not accepting new messages, he seems to be the only one in admin to go on line regularly with some not active for over a year!

Over the years I have tried to contact various BSF Mods and never had a response... :sad:

Have you tried this Link to the Mods? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Edited by Guest

Our favourite TV show is The Bill - a program thats now been on tele for 4 years :D Thing truely were better in the past for speedway fans it seems :D

The Bill - that's a bit Eighties and well after speedway's 'golden era'. More like Dixon of Dock Green ...

Have you tried this section of the BSF? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=68784&page=3&do=findComment&comment=2571378

Thanks Phil for setting up the poll. It looks to be exactly what i was asking for, lets hope for some useful and interesting results :t:

• Like 1

If you take my car (on its way to Belle Vue) as representative of the average speedway fan ......................... Then 100% of fans are male ........ 50% of speedway fans are 52 years of age, whilst the other 50% are 17 years old ............... 100% of fans are stubborn .............. 50% are going (gone) bald, and are a bit overweight; whilst the other 50% have a full head of hair, and a trim figure.

*not sure a sample size of two is considered adequate ;)

• Like 1