British Speedway Forum
mc1874

What Is The Average Age And Gender Of The British Speedway Fan?

I've been going to edinburgh for 30 years now since I was 6months lol. Over these years I've seen many of the same faces for the that time. Very loyal and passionate fans. I was just wondering what is the general age and gender profile of speedway fans? What is difference from club to club? Are we doing enough to attract younger fans or fans who have not been brought up with the sport. Just a general wondering

Male

over sixty

working class

see: youGov profiler

Can't read too much into the youGov profiler - I seem to recall that the current analysis is based on a grand total of 70 fans. That said I'm sure there are quite a number of over 60 working class supporters - but plenty of us younger ABC1 types too.

EDIT:

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/profiler#/Speedway is the link that Arnie is referring to I believe.

Edited by Tkdandy

So the average speedway fan will just have finished their crispy chilli beef bought from Asda whilst watching Pointless on their TV obtained from Argos and will be preparing to feed the fish.

After that they can log in to the forum and put forward a stubborn but polite opinion about Speedway other motorsport and general international affairs.

Not sure if I think its a load of old guff or scarily accurate!!

To get some (hopefully accurate) facts can someone come up with a poll on here with anonymous multiple questions categories such as under 25, under 60, over 60 and female, male etc etc ?

Another related question I have always wanted an answer to is why are we never given meeting attendance figures, or shouldn't I ask :nono: ?

Edited by Skid Sprocket

Can't read too much into the youGov profiler - I seem to recall that the current analysis is based on a grand total of 70 fans. That said I'm sure there are quite a number of over 60 working class supporters - but plenty of us younger ABC1 types too.

EDIT:

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/profiler#/Speedway is the link that Arnie is referring to I believe.

lol... that reads scarily accurate.

To get some (hopefully accurate) facts can someone come up with a poll on here with anonymous multiple questions categories such as under 25, under 60, over 60 and female, male etc etc ?

Another related question I have always wanted an answer to is why are we never given meeting attendance figures, or shouldn't I ask :nono: ?

May be because it's possible to do your own head count at a meeting?

May be because it's possible to do your own head count at a meeting?

Tried that, not enough fingers.

You will manage it if you also use your toes...! :icon_smile_clown:

So the average speedway fan will just have finished their crispy chilli beef bought from Asda whilst watching Pointless on their TV obtained from Argos and will be preparing to feed the fish.

After that they can log in to the forum and put forward a stubborn but polite opinion about Speedway other motorsport and general international affairs.

Not sure if I think its a load of old guff or scarily accurate!!

Seems to sum up one or two on here to a T :P

I'd say the age was high,but i guess if you take into account those 'fans' who just watch at home on tv and the net then it might be accurate....

EDIT:

They're often stubborn, miserable and dull :D

Our favourite TV show is The Bill - a program thats now been on tele for 4 years :D Thing truely were better in the past for speedway fans it seems :D

Edited by SCB

EDIT:

That yougov site is a load of cobblers

Apparently Rugby League fans are Males, over 60

Cricket fans are males, over 60

Rugby Union fans are males, over 60

Snooker fans are males, over 60

Formula one fans are males, over 60

moto gp fans are males, over 60

Athletics fans (100m) are males, over 60

Athletics fans (200m) are females, over 60

I would hazard a guess that the people who fill in yougov surveys tend to be males over 60? (not sure what it is about that extra athletics 100m that attracts females)

That yougov site is a load of cobblers

C'mon. You don't think the average speedway fan is a stubborn, miserable and dull 60+ male who drives a Ford, watches pointless and longs for the Bill to return? Sounds pretty spot on to me :D