British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

What are your thoughts on Bridgers retirement. I think he as nothing like achievd what he is capable of, on his day can look world class!

You have to want it and he doesn't seem to want it enough. If he has the urge to come back within a year, he could just have his head in gear and actually be a better rider.

I think that maybe if he has to get out and work in some crap job for a year to support his family it could be the best thing he has ever done. I like Lewis and think he has the ability to do even better than he has but possibly doesn't realise how good he's had it so far, just like a lot of talented youngsters.

Whatever he does I hope it works out well for him.

• Like 4

I think that maybe if he has to get out and work in some crap job for a year to support his family it could be the best thing he has ever done. I like Lewis and think he has the ability to do even better than he has but possibly doesn't realise how good he's had it so far, just like a lot of talented youngsters.

Whatever he does I hope it works out well for him.

Yes i think you are spot on

He's going to concentrate on his boxing; get his Security licence and sort his personal life out!!

If that gives him back the 'hunger' for speedway then we shall see him again!!

You never know, he might also achieve his dream of racing for Poole!! (as per article in Speedway Star!) :D

Edited by Skidder1

I hope he can get his hunger back again and a year or maybe 2 may just be what he needs. He has far more skill on the bike than quite a few out there, I think he has just lost that spark to keep going any longer.

He could come back again a far better rider if he can get himself sorted out. He may never become world champion but he still can make his mark in the top flight.

Best Wishes to him and I hope he returns again soon.

• Like 1

I wish people would put meaningful titles on threads!

"Lewis Bridger Retires" would enable people to open (or ignore) the thread without fearing something much worse ...

I hope he can get his hunger back again and a year or maybe 2 may just be what he needs. He has far more skill on the bike than quite a few out there, I think he has just lost that spark to keep going any longer.

He could come back again a far better rider if he can get himself sorted out. He may never become world champion but he still can make his mark in the top flight.

Best Wishes to him and I hope he returns again soon.

Nice words, yep i would love to se Bridger back

He's going to concentrate on his boxing; get his Security licence and sort his personal life out!!

If that gives him back the 'hunger' for speedway then we shall see him again!!

You never know, he might also achieve his dream of racing for Poole!! (as per article in Speedway Star!) :D

Yes i think it would be the one club that could sort his head out!

I wish people would put meaningful titles on threads!

"Lewis Bridger Retires" would enable people to open (or ignore) the thread without fearing something much worse ...

The introductory poster can moderate the title thread. Not to sure how to explain how to do this, but it looks a good idea as this promises to be a lively thread.

I remember Lewis Bridger in after-the-meeting rides when Wimbledon were in the Conference League - a long time ago.

The introductory poster can moderate the title thread. Not to sure how to explain how to do this, but it looks a good idea as this promises to be a lively thread.

I remember Lewis Bridger in after-the-meeting rides when Wimbledon were in the Conference League - a long time ago.

Did he impress you when you first watched him bach then ?

Did he impress you when you first watched him bach then ?

It was a long time ago, and usually I would be edging towards the exit to catch the bus to Streatham (P1928 please note) on part of my way home. But he did look the best of the kids who then went riound, and there was one after the meeting escapade when he crashed badly and was detained overnight in nearby St George's Hospital.

I'm a seasoned supporter from the early '50's, and I've watched countless good ones over the years. I've watched Lewis Bridger at Poole this year each time he has appeared, and his performances have been simply jaw dropping, quite stunning. We are used to good performers here at Wimborne Road, but Lewis Bridger's have been some of the best, acknowledged by many who are not usually that forthcoming in their praise over speedway's "characters". I think he has explained his thoughts and feelings very well, and I think he is dead right in taking his proposed course of action. It needs to be done for him.

From a purely personal perspective, for my own gratification, I sincerely hope he comes back, to give us the opportunity to witness more of his breathtaking ability.

• Like 2

Absolutely, Poole have done a cracking job with keeping Darcy Ward on the straight and narrow haven't they :lol:

Bridger is one of those characters that needs cuddles and reigning in from time to time. Middlo isn't in that league. More like, spend a night in the pub getting wasted and a fight after.

• Like 6

Is that a joke?

Unfortunately Bridger is one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen in thirty years of watching speedway. Will never fulfill his potential now.

• Like 3