British Speedway Forum

Ricky's Big Day. Benefit Meeting.

A message I have received in regard to Ricky Ashworth:
::::::::: Ricky Ashworth testimonial next season. Let's all support him at Sheffield on the 22nd March 2015.
This youtube regarding Ricky Ashworth has also been released:
Note:
If this information is already on the BSF, please PM me and I will arrange to have this thread taken down.
Thank you.
Edited by Guest

Hopefully this meeting attracts some big names and even more importantly a huge crowd.

It's very important that fans and the sport in general doesn't forget people like Ricky.

I would like to see my team Berwick do something each year in Ricky's name, an annual challenge against Sheffield, name the Stars of Tomorrow meeting after him, the Rider of the Year Award, something like that, just to their bit for him.

• Like 4

I just watched the video showing what a struggle his life is, let's hope everything he needs can be supplied.

A very difficult watch

I have no doubt the speedway community will rally round and that the testimonial will be a tremendous success

All the best to Ricky and his family

Just watched this and what shone through was the love and affection Ricky's dad has for his boy, totally inspiring also Ricky's determination shines through as well.

a truly moving watch.

I will definitely be going to this.

• Like 2

I have watched the Video and who cannot fail to be impressed with both Ricky and also his Dad.

I continue to pray for Ricky and sincerely hope that his fight to improve is successful.

I do hope that his Testimonial Meeting is well supported.

Thank you very much gustix, for Posting this.

• Like 1

I hope he gets a hell of a crowd for his Testimonial Meeting.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 1

I put the video on but it was to upsetting to watch after the first few moments. It just shows though how much we take for granted in life. I know how hard things can be when in 2001 my vertibrae collapsed in my neck and trapped my spinal chord it changed my life drematically.

To the what has happened to a young fit and healthy young man of 31, and what it has done to him it was heartbreaking to watch.

I only hope that he continues to get better as time goes by, it will be a very hard road I am sure.

He is very lucky in that he has parents who are there for him and look after his care. Some people are not so lucky. I hope the meeting for him raises the money they need and more to make his life much easier.

All the best lad and keep fighting.

• Like 3