British Speedway Forum

Ricky's Big Day. Benefit Meeting.

WHAT A BRILLIANT DAY OUT. Speedway fans always pull together to help riders, & today was no exception. The cheering when Ricky went round the track sent a tingle down my spine. Congratulations to Steady, a very popular winner, & a top bloke for buying his race jacket back. Even Coops got in on the act by beating the Pole.

• Like 1

So pleased to see a huge turnout for this meeting.

Definitely a PLRC level crowd and a lovely sunny day a bonus. Didn't think much of the racing, one or two good heats, but who cares?

Still the bag searches before entering, but not all of em ;)

• Like 1

So pleased there was a huge turnout for the event - I read the article in the speedway star long road ahead. Glad the riders supported it.

I'm so pleased that there was a big turn out for Ricky.

I hope that the proceeds may help with his continued improvement.

• Like 1

At Newcastle's Speedway Supporters Club's Meet the Rider night on Sunday night, we raised £200 for Ricky's Fund from donations.

Brilliant thanks T

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks T

I have mentioned before that I deliberately wouldn't go to the meeting so I could give everything I would have spent to Ricky and passed on a couple of hundred notes in various forms to go directly to him. It is great to see many others who chose to do that as well. With things such as the Edinburgh soccer match, Newcastle club night, Magic and Benji's bike ride, Scunthorpe darts match and loads more hopefully contributions from the crowd on the day will be greatly swelled.

I hope I don't come across as negative here but brilliant as this all is this is not the end of it all. I personally see it as the start for Ricky. I'd like to think positively that however long it may take, he will continue to progress and that all along he will still get our support. Why not make it a resolution to do an annual contribution or even a monthly one to his fund so he need never go wanting? I know I will

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Like 1

For those not lucky enough to be there, look out for a DVD of the meeting on sale soon from the guys at GRT Media.

• Like 1

For those not lucky enough to be there, look out for a DVD of the meeting on sale soon from the guys at GRT Media.

Thanks for that screm. :t:

I have just read in the Sheffield evening paper that £50,000 plus has be raised so far. Brilliant.

• Like 7

£50,000 is a brilliant effort so far and i am sure it will not stop there.

It was a great day and the Speedway Family really did everything they could to support Ricky !

Massive well done to all who organised Ricky's big day, proud to be a speedway fan.

• Like 2

£50,000 is a brilliant effort so far and i am sure it will not stop there. It was a great day and the Speedway Family really did everything they could to support Ricky !

Massive well done to all who organised Ricky's big day, proud to be a speedway fan.

Well said. Just shows how good Speedway can be, and all 29 heats were completed in 2 hours 25 minutes.

I have some programmes left if anyone would like to purchase one with all money going into Ricky's Fund.

Please send a cheque for £4 payable to Rickys Big Day, they are A5 in size so will need an A4 SAE (large letter stamp) & post C/O Sheffield Window Centre, 60-70 Broad Lane, Sheffield. S1 4B.

Mark the envelope FAO Julie please.

I have 3 of the Limited Edition black wooden wine boxes presented to the riders at the meeting. complete with bottle of wine. The boxes are etched with the meeting logo & as only 30 made, these are a great souvenir. Cost is £25 for the box & wine.

Also I have 3 commemorative medals from the day, again very few made & cost will be £12 each.

I can post the medals for a small extra charge but not the wine & box but I will arrange delivery to most tracks.

I will sell to the first that ask & all proceeds will go straight to Rickys Big Day fund.

Edited by JulieR
  • Like 1