British Speedway Forum

Ricky's Big Day. Benefit Meeting.

Brought a tear to my eyes watching the video, but what an inspiring character Ricky's dad is. Will never forget the tragic evening at Scunthorpe, & will definitely be at Sheffield for his testimonial. Can somebody post the various sponsorship packages available if they are sorted please ?

Tear in my eye for sure

Did a great job for Berwick....

At times like these I love the Speedway community, because they rally round and I think Owlerton will be packed for Ricky

Watch this video and you realize that virtually every grumble on the whole of this British speedway forum pales into insignificance in comparison.

Hears to Ricky's continued recovery' and the biggest benefit meeting ever next March.

• Like 4

Broke my heart watching the video and makes you realise what riders are putting in the line every time they get on a bike. It will be a long road to recovery but he is making progress and I wish him all the very best in his rehabilitation and hope people dig deep for him.

• Like 6

Hard to watch. But it's nice to see him getting better and hopefully he'll have a long continued healthy progression. If anyone deserves a massive meeting, it's Ricky. A similar crowd & field of rider to what Garry Stead had would be perfect really. Unfortunately i can't make the meeting which I'm absolutely gutted by, but I'll follow suit of mr ore and donate whatever my entrance fee would be and hopefully get the dvd after if it's being filmed.

• Like 1

Watching the video was heartbreaking,humbling and inspirational in equal measure.

I have no doubt fans from all over will do their bit whether they can attend Rickys big day or not.

Heres hoping all that he needs can be provided.

A message I have received in regard to Ricky Ashworth:
::::::::: Ricky Ashworth testimonial next season. Let's all support him at Sheffield on the 22nd March 2015.
This youtube regarding Ricky Ashworth has also been released:
Note:
If this information is already on the BSF, please PM me and I will arrange to have this thread taken down.
Thank you.

Thanks for posting this Gustix. Does anyone know if there is a Just Giving page for those of us unable to make the meeting?

Very moving display of bravery and determination from Ricky and his father . They deserve all the emotional and financial support we can give.

Besides the publicity for the Ricky Ashworth Testimonial on here, it's also getting support on various Facebook groups. It looks as though a lot of people are being updated in regard to the Testimonial which it is hoped will be a massive success.

Brings the whole sport into perspective watching that video, and saying that a rider isn't trying hard enough etc, I've been guilty of it in the past, but will certainly make me think twice commenting about a rider on here etc. Will certainly aim to be at Sheffield that day, and support Ricky, deserves that extra room and wet room to help him through this tough time, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Very hard to watch; but as other posters have said humbling and inspiring at the same time. It is a long road back; but look how far he has come; and there's more to come I am sure of that. Absolute credit to the dedication; care and support of medical staff and his family.

For me they can send the tractors round all night; at the Testimonial Meeting; it is not about the line up or quality of racing; although I am certain it will be a great night of speedway. No; its about everyone doing there best to be there and giving as much as they can to Ricky's Fund for all he has given to speedway.

I suggest if your going through the turnstile "Double Up For Ricky" so if it's £20 in; pay £40 -if you can. If you cannot make it; then as other posters have suggested just pay your admission to the Fund anyway.

The Sheffield promotion will I am sure have the best interests of Ricky at the centre of everything.

The whole 'Speedway Family' needs to come together on this, and ensure Ricky has all he needs to aid his continued recovery.

Stay strong Ricky; maximum respect.

• Like 1

Very hard to watch; but as other posters have said humbling and inspiring at the same time. It is a long road back; but look how far he has come; and there's more to come I am sure of that. Absolute credit to the dedication; care and support of medical staff and his family.

For me they can send the tractors round all night; at the Testimonial Meeting; it is not about the line up or quality of racing; although I am certain it will be a great night of speedway. No; its about everyone doing there best to be there and giving as much as they can to Ricky's Fund for all he has given to speedway.

I suggest if your going through the turnstile "Double Up For Ricky" so if it's £20 in; pay £40 -if you can. If you cannot make it; then as other posters have suggested just pay your admission to the Fund anyway.

The Sheffield promotion will I am sure have the best interests of Ricky at the centre of everything.

The whole 'Speedway Family' needs to come together on this, and ensure Ricky has all he needs to aid his continued recovery.

Stay strong Ricky; maximum respect.

I note you mention "donations to the fund". Do you have details of where donations can be sent - would it be PayPal or alternatives? Thank you.

As part of the Testimonial Committee I am pleased to announce details of the initial Sponsorship packages available.

Rider or Race Sponsorship is priced at £200 which gives 2 tickets, programmes plus a buffet and name in programme

Tyre & Fuel Sponsorship is priced at £50 & gives your name in the programme.

Any other donations will be gratefully accepted. Please forward a cheque payable to "Ricky's Big Day" for my attention to Sheffield Window Centre, 60-70 Broad Lane, Sheffield. S1 4BT.

I will have details of the Bank Account number etc by the end of next week for anyone who prefers to do a Bank Transfer.

If anyone requires any more information, please email me on juliereading22@btinternet.com.

All monies will go to Ricky towards the cost of renovating the property in recognition of his services to Speedway.

On behalf of the committee I would like to thank those who have already pledge donations & sponsorship & support for Ricky

Julie Reading

• Like 1

I note you mention "donations to the fund". Do you have details of where donations can be sent - would it be PayPal or alternatives? Thank you.

I believe Julie Reading's post now answers your question.

Regards