British Speedway Forum

Ricky's Big Day. Benefit Meeting.

I cant make it on the day but am sending the equivalent of my entrance and travel today. Hopefully others that cant go will do something similar.

Hopefully the fund is swelling to a significant and meaningful sum already and will continue to do so.

• Like 3

I can feel another afternoon in the New Barrack Tavern coming on

will be in there (with KING JAMIE (gary)) before the SWFC match this saturday too

Big feature on Ricky on our Regional news programme tonight, with an interview and a plug for the testimonial meeting.

ITV Calendar News.

Very pleased to see this.

• Like 1

Many thanks for posting the link. I am not clever enough otherwise I would have done this last night, so good on you.

will sort it.

• Like 1

Is there a www.justgiving.com site for Ricky for those who cannot go ?

heart breaking video I don't think I can make Sunday and ive been lethargic in donating but after watching the video il send my entrance money. Lets get a good amount towards the extension. Makes you wonder why we get stressed about the little things that go wrong in life

• Like 7

Well said bruno.

11072271_1071852966161932_1390869597_n.jDD

For anyone who can't make Sunday but wishes to donate then the details are above

• Like 3

I am certain that everything is being done that can be done with regard to Ricky's rehabilitation and progress will be made. However a couple of things come to mind.

Soldier Ben Parkinson severely injured in Afghanistan underwent Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy at Castle Craig Scotland. I was amazed by the change in him when he was featured on TV following the therapy and it makes me wonder if such therapy may be of benefit to Ricky and others who have suffered similar traumatic injuries. Certainly Bens speech has improved and his whole body appears stronger and more controlled.

Secondly; we all want to help by supporting Ricky's Big Day; another thought I had was; had anyone thought of approaching BBC DIY SOS the Big Build TV Show; Nick Knowles and the team are always supporting great causes and human interest stories. Ricky's story is definitely one that I believe they would cover and this would be a way of seeing through the work on the family home to make life more comfortable and easier for Ricky and family through his rehabilitation and going forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006pnjk

As I say: I am sure everything is on the table and being considered; and I am no medical expert. But certainly Bens situation appeared to me to have improved considerably post therapy. And surely; in terms of the TV Show; Ricky's story and his cause is one definitely worth telling and supporting.

All the best and lets get out in force on Sunday ...wear your club colours by the way.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 9

Sound like two good calls to me outsider, let's hope that someone close to the family has read your post ☺

• Like 1