British Speedway Forum

Ricky's Big Day. Benefit Meeting.

I will find it difficult to get to Owlerton much before 5pm on Sunday. As there should be a big crowd I suspect the car park may be full.

Can anyone advise me as to best alternatives for parking?

I will find it difficult to get to Owlerton much before 5pm on Sunday. As there should be a big crowd I suspect the car park may be full.

Can anyone advise me as to best alternatives for parking?

See Sheffield speedway website for information on this.

Info on additional car parking for Ricky's meeting below at link: http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.1768

Be forewarned not to park on any roads around the stadium where parking is not allowed or the council WILL issue fines. Thanks to Wednesdayite for this !!!

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

Info on additional car parking for Ricky's meeting below at link: http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.1768

Be forewarned not to park on any roads around the stadium where parking is not allowed or the council WILL issue fines. Thanks to Wednesdayite for this !!!

Considering that the Hillsborough car park people are giving the money back to the Ricky fund, does it make sense for fans to park there anyway, rather than use the stadium car park, as presumably the stadium owners aren't donating their car park money to the fund?

Very helpful and very well organised

Just a slight alteration to the directions.

the roundabout is no more, turn into where the new Sainsbury supermarket is and turn round there, and head back in the direction you came from.

Lets fill this car park up first, more money for Ricky if we do, cant see any of the stadium car park money being donated to Ricky, buts lets hope they do the same

Thanks Wednesdayite

Edited by The Third Man

A message I have received in regard to Ricky Ashworth:
::::::::: Ricky Ashworth testimonial next season. Let's all support him at Sheffield on the 22nd March 2015.
This youtube regarding Ricky Ashworth has also been released:
Note:
If this information is already on the BSF, please PM me and I will arrange to have this thread taken down.
Thank you.

Just to emphasise the reminders already appearing about the Ricky Ashworth testimonial meeting at Sheffield this Sunday, March 22, 2015.

Shame the back straight couldn't be opened for this.

I agree, not sure what the normal maximum capacity is for a speedway meeting, but I think this meeting has the potential to far exceed it, the stewards will have a field day policing the 'can't stand here' yellow box exclusion areas near the first bend terrace entrance, also viewing comfort on the home straight isn't ideal as it isn't sloped enough to be able to see over the people infront of you.

also viewing comfort on the home straight isn't ideal as it isn't sloped enough to be able to see over the people infront of you.

I'm honestly not bothered whether I get a good view of the racing or not. The racing isn't why I'm going

• Like 1

Don't expect too much from Davey Watt - he's sick but is en-route and still intending to compete!! Good man. :t:

From facebook.....

IT'S HERE ...Ricky's Big Day.

The weather's good, the sun is going to shine, and everything's in place for one of the most special days there has ever been in speedway.

If you're coming - and we hope you are - then the road network is looking good.

There are the usual delays on the M1 because of the 50mph zone (be careful with the speed cameras) and there are also restrictions on the A1 at Leeming Bar.

We would advise than fans who are heading to Owlerton from the north from J35 (M1) and the A629 etc use the SWFC car park across from the Hillsborough ground. It's about half a mile to Owlerton from there and you will (especially if arriving after 3pm) risk congestion and the main car park being full. It is £3 for secure parking but the car park owners, SWFC fans group Wednesdayite, have generously said that every penny raised goes to the RBD Fund.

Once the main car park is full, fans will be directed there. Access is easy and there are three exits, so you'll get away pretty quickly.

So come and join us, have a great day, watch some of the biggest names in speedway on one of the best tracks in the world, and do your bit for Ricky.

Gates open at 3.30pm, the parade is at 5 and the action starts at 5.30pm and Ricky WILL be there. Admission is £15 for adults, £11 for O65s and £1 for 15s and under. It's ALL pay please.

Just in case you're in two minds about coming, have another look at ITV's superb coverage...

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2015-03-18/speedway-riders-to-come-together-for-brain-damaged-star/

Finally, thanks for your support. If you've fallen out with speedway, today will put you back in love with our great sport.

• Like 1

Hope it is a great day for Ricky, and a bumper turn out for him there are still some great caring people involved in speedway and today is a great example of that.

• Like 1

Hope it is a great day for Ricky, and a bumper turn out for him there are still some great caring people involved in speedway and today is a great example of that.

Well said sydney - I second that.