British Speedway Forum

No problem with the date or venue but whoever thought up a 4pm start time ? To get fans to travel why ever not make it a 2pm start .

• Like 1

No problem with the date or venue but whoever thought up a 4pm start time ? To get fans to travel why ever not make it a 2pm start .

Because there is a market on within Stadium grounds which proves quite busy - there would be no space for car parking for both events at the same time.

Market starts quietening down at about 2-2.30pm, so I'd imagine that's the earliest they could look to be opening the gates for Speedway parking. It's not just a random made up time, there is logic it seems.

Because there is a market on within Stadium grounds which proves quite busy - there would be no space for car parking for both events at the same time.

Market starts quietening down at about 2-2.30pm, so I'd imagine that's the earliest they could look to be opening the gates for Speedway parking. It's not just a random made up time, there is logic it seems.

well if that's the reason it's the wrong venue this meeting is about making money for a great cause - id have thought it's about maxing out to attract the biggest crowd possible to get the greatest £s return for a great cause 4pm start won't achieve that .

well if that's the reason it's the wrong venue this meeting is about making money for a great cause - id have thought it's about maxing out to attract the biggest crowd possible to get the greatest £s return for a great cause 4pm start won't achieve that .

Crowds on a Monday evening for Playoffs would throw your theory out of the water. If the event is right, and as you say it is a fantastic cause, then people will attend.

• Like 2

So the Ben Fund meeting's at Swindon on March 8 next year. http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2014/12/17/swindon-to-host-prestigious-ben-fund-meeting/

This article says they handed out nearly 100k last year, which is amazing support for riders like Ricky Ashworth. I didn't realise they were quite at that level, fantastic stuff.

do you think this will have any effect on the bob kilby event which i think was due to be in march ?

Crowds on a Monday evening for Playoffs would throw your theory out of the water. If the event is right, and as you say it is a fantastic cause, then people will attend.

it's not the play offs - I hope it's well attended I really do but I,m sorry to say from where I live in Lincolnshire I won't be traveling to the meeting .

do you think this will have any effect on the bob kilby event which i think was due to be in march ?

Scheduled for March 26th. Shouldn't affect this meeting.

That was an error, sorry, it's 4pm.

The meeting is only four weeks away now, for those looking to possibly travel the start time is important.

Has any of the line up been announced yet?

Only Ben Barker, yippee

That was an error, sorry, it's 4pm.

Correct 4pm start, whoever puts out news on website needs to correct it.