Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Drove past the track today and it is looking ok, air fence seems to be in place. Could do with a bit more news on riders etc. I am sure Rosco or whoever runs it will make announcements when poss. but only 9 days to go. No doubt the visa situation may be the reason for delays.

Drove past the track today and it is looking ok, air fence seems to be in place. Could do with a bit more news on riders etc. I am sure Rosco or whoever runs it will make announcements when poss. but only 9 days to go. No doubt the visa situation may be the reason for delays.

Hi there. We spent all day Thursday getting the air fence out and in place. Turns 3 and 4 are difficult to locate because the pit gate has to fit perfectly, so we had to move both sets of fences back and forth to get that right. Turns 1 and 2 are much simpler, being just one run. They're all clipped together and will need no more than 2 hours work next Thursday to get right. The main straight is still very wet, but it always is at this time of the year - the frost has been drawn up through the shale but it was much better this week than last. The drains are all being pumped out each week and just keeping standing water off the track is making a real difference. Fingers crossed for a dry week next week!

For more information on the track, and how wet we all got yesterday morning in the rain, check out the Blog - should have it posted by late afternoon on Sunday.

• Like 2

Hi there. We spent all day Thursday getting the air fence out and in place. Turns 3 and 4 are difficult to locate because the pit gate has to fit perfectly, so we had to move both sets of fences back and forth to get that right. Turns 1 and 2 are much simpler, being just one run. They're all clipped together and will need no more than 2 hours work next Thursday to get right. The main straight is still very wet, but it always is at this time of the year - the frost has been drawn up through the shale but it was much better this week than last. The drains are all being pumped out each week and just keeping standing water off the track is making a real difference. Fingers crossed for a dry week next week!

For more information on the track, and how wet we all got yesterday morning in the rain, check out the Blog - should have it posted by late afternoon on Sunday.

I think you guys should be applauded for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.

• Like 6

Well done Cookie. Always a good read.

• Like 1

Have the full line ups for this meeting been released yet, surely the programmes will have to be printed soon.

Have the full line ups for this meeting been released yet, surely the programmes will have to be printed soon.

Released this morning.

England Kyle Howarth, Richard Lawson, Adam Roynon and Ben Barker.

Australia Rory Schlein, Nick Morris, Sam Masters, Rusty Harrison

Denmark Bjarne Pedersen, Thomas Jorgensen, Jan Graversen, Kenneth Hansen

Poland Szymon Wozniak, Jakub Jamrog, Greg Walasek, Adam Skornicki

The visa issues has not helped the line up for this meeting but will still go after a winter without a speedway fix, also the meeting is for a great cause.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/03/04/howarth-to-ride-as-ben-fund-field-is-complete/

• Like 1

I have to say (from a position of relative ignorance) that Craig Cook comes over as a bit of a nob not having any machinery ready for this event, or am I missing something?

• Like 2

I have to say (from a position of relative ignorance) that Craig Cook comes over as a bit of a nob not having any machinery ready for this event, or am I missing something?

His first match is not till 29th March.

Maybe he's still waiting for a delivery of his fuel?

• Like 1

If he doesn't have bikes ready i don't understand what the problem is? He stated himself he would only be able to do the meeting if he had bikes ready. What would you rather see Cook turn up with no machinery or bits he put together or someone who has ready to go racing?

Edited by Mr Blobby

He is shipping his bikes over to Poland for Stal Gorzow's Practice week, so I imagine he won't have one ready to ride in this country until he comes back. He certainly isn't pulling a Lewis Bridger!