British Speedway Forum

Shame about the poor line up,I think it will put many off attending

Looks fine to me. Maybe if all you want is big names it is a let down, but for me it's a well balanced field with some exciting riders and a few interesting inclusions.

• Like 5

Shame about the poor line up,I think it will put many off attending

The format is a bigger issue IMO. I don't get these made up teams that are put together for one of meetings. Just make it an individual meeting.

The format is a bigger issue IMO. I don't get these made up teams that are put together for one of meetings. Just make it an individual meeting.

The reasoning behind this is that it was an individual meeting up until 2013, but crowds started to ebb away. At Leicester last year, it was changed to England vs Rest Of The World (still with an individual event in the second half) and resulted in the second highest attendance for a Ben Fun Bonanza, after Rye House in 2010.

This year, there’s another slight tweak in format to a 4TT, plus an individual at the end. So there’s something for many speedway fans who like to watch team speedway, plus still something for those who prefer individual meetings.

But really this is all insignificant to raising money for the Ben Fund. Very first meeting of the season, plus money being raised for a very worthy cause. That’s what it’s all about, really.

EDIT: Plus Mike Hunter always puts together a top class programme that even you buy. ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

http://www.speedway365.com/archives/12883

Seems Craig Cook is "doing a Lewis Bridger" - after a whole winter of doing nothing, knowing in advance that he won't have a bike ready to compete. WHAT A DISGRACE.

More likely he's having a sulk that he's been invited to take part in the same team as Ben Barker. In which case, GROW UP COOK!

Wouldn't it be an irony if Cook got an injury that caused him to go cap in hand to BEN for financial assistance. Good job that BEN are probably too honorable and dignified to tell Cook where he should go in such a circumstance.

Seems Craig Cook is "doing a Lewis Bridger" - after a whole winter of doing nothing, knowing in advance that he won't have a bike ready to compete. WHAT A DISGRACE.

More likely he's having a sulk that he's been invited to take part in the same team as Ben Barker. In which case, GROW UP COOK!

Wouldn't it be an irony if Cook got an injury that caused him to go cap in hand to BEN for financial assistance. Good job that BEN are probably too honorable and dignified to tell Cook where he should go in such a circumstance.

You talk some amount of crap! Someone has all ready stated that he is shipping bikes out to Poland for his teams practice week!

He took part in the same team as Ben last year so again talking rubbish

Wishing injury on a rider now that just how much of a DISGRACE you are

• Like 4

Seems like a poor excuse to me. Why agree to ride in the meeting if he wasn't going to have bikes? Lewis Bridger quite rightly got a lot of stick last season so don't see why Craig should expect to be treated any different this year.

Seems like a poor excuse to me. Why agree to ride in the meeting if he wasn't going to have bikes? Lewis Bridger quite rightly got a lot of stick last season so don't see why Craig should expect to be treated any different this year.

He said he would do the meeting if he had bikes witch doesn't hence the withdrawal

Edited by Mr Blobby

The only thing i find disappointing is that Rob Lambert is not in the team. Still looking forward to it, got my tickets come today!

• Like 1

Give it a rest.

So you don't like the guy?

Maybe some of us don't care much for you.

I think it's disappointing that tai,bomber,scott & cook are not riding for England in something so worthwhile in our country as the Ben fund.

I think it's disappointing that tai,bomber,scott & cook are not riding for England in something so worthwhile in our country as the Ben fund.

i agree, You would have thought that many of the top riders would be queuing up to appear in this worthwhile event.

So you don't like the guy?

Goddam right I don't like him. From the days when he cried out of riding for GB in the test matches against Australia to the days when he cried about why Ben Barker got picked for Prague and not him. This sad excuse only reinforces that dislike.

He'll hope to ride in Poland on Sundays so god help Belle Vue on Monday's if he can't manage his equipment availability.

Goddam right I don't like him. From the days when he cried out of riding for GB in the test matches against Australia to the days when he cried about why Ben Barker got picked for Prague and not him. This sad excuse only reinforces that dislike.

He'll hope to ride in Poland on Sundays so god help Belle Vue on Monday's if he can't manage his equipment availability.

You know absolutely nothing regarding this, for the first time since riding speedway this year he has totally changed his equipment and is building new bikes, his first meeting isn't even scheduled until the 29th March and he never 'agreed' to ride in the Ben Fund meeting only if his bikes in the UK were ready early.

He ships all of his available bikes out to Poland yet he is a disgrace?, he can't win with some of the fans on here, gets blasted for not furthering his career then when he tries to do so by going out to Poland for a week to fight for a team place in the top league he gets slated.

As for your last point, he has already stated in the press when he signed the contract that if he gets a permanent team place in Poland during the training week he will be shipping the bikes out for the whole season, hence he'll be waiting to see what happens before he can commit to building extra bikes, that is what 'managing equipment' is for you.

• Like 4

He said he would do the meeting if he had bikes witch doesn't hence the withdrawal

Always seem off to me that a motorbike racer doesnt have bikes

Bit like an airport saying we aint got a runway!

• Like 1