Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Couple of last min changes to line ups.

Kyle Newman comes into the Brit team in place of Adam Roynan, and Nike Lunna replaces A Skornicki for Poland.

That should please a few from darkest Dorset.

Maybe it is time next year to hold this meeting slightly later in the month.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/03/06/changes-to-the-ben-fund-line-up/

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Time for UK_Martin to do some more slagging off?

Couple of last min changes to line ups.

Kyle Newman comes into the Brit team in place of Adam Roynan, and Nike Lunna replaces A Skornicki for Poland.

That should please a few from darkest Dorset.

Maybe it is time next year to hold this meeting slightly later in the month.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/03/06/changes-to-the-ben-fund-line-up/

"There are riders who have been beneficiaries of the fund who have declined to ride, and there have been top riders who have not taken their turn in riding in the meeting.

They probably think they are never going to need it but they dont know what lies around the corner. They need to support it, because without a successful Bonanza meeting the good work the Ben Fund does would be substantially reduced.

You have to single out Ben Barker for praise, hes ridden in it every year. In my opinion those who dont support it shouldnt get anything out of it".

That is really disappointing to read, it really is.

On the flip side, good lad Ben Barker!

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 1

I won't be slagging him off as don't know the full circumstances but from the outside looking in it appears pretty poor of Roynon to pull out as his equipment is not ready when he has used the fund on multiple occasions..

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 3

Time for UK_Martin to do some more slagging off?

Martin won't say anything because his name isn't craig cook!

Thought roynon would have got himsf ready for this meeting considering he uses for the majority of every season

Edited by Mr Blobby

"There are riders who have been beneficiaries of the fund who have declined to ride, and there have been top riders who have not taken their turn in riding in the meeting.

They probably think they are never going to need it but they dont know what lies around the corner. They need to support it, because without a successful Bonanza meeting the good work the Ben Fund does would be substantially reduced.

You have to single out Ben Barker for praise, hes ridden in it every year. In my opinion those who dont support it shouldnt get anything out of it".

That is really disappointing to read, it really is.

On the flip side, good lad Ben Barker!

Very disappointing. I know Ben Barker has his critics, but nobody can knock his efforts for the Ben Fund!

There's lots of valid reasons why riders might not be able to commit to the meeting, and obviously all the riders can't ride in one meeting every year, but reading Rob Godfrey's comments I get the impression that some riders are being a bit selfish and aren't willing to do their bit. If nothing else you'd think it would be an extra opportunity to get some early competitive track time!

I haven't seen as much information about the event this year - I wonder if there will be a race jacket auction again? Will there be badges on sale? I'm looking forward to getting my speedway fix, and it'll be my first visit to Swindon as well (as rain-offs have always washed away my previous attempts to support Lakeside there).

I won't be slagging him off as don't know the full circumstances but from the outside looking in it appears pretty poor of Roynon to pull out as his equipment is not ready when he has used the fund on multiple occasions..

It does seem poor considering how much help he's had from the Ben Fund. He's also had a team place since December 6th so he's had overs 3 months to sort a bike out and can't say he didn't know if he would be riding this season, and Peterborough's P&P is next Thursday!

It is such a shame that the riders don't seem to take this meeting seriously. The Ben Fund is there for them when they need it, so you would at least think they would show a little bit of enthusiasm and make at least an effort to ride in it.

Whilst it is very disappointing to hear about riders who declined and the so called top riders, who don't seem to be that bothered a big well done to all those riders who have committed to the Ben Fund meeting and in particular Ben Barker who year after year is willing to take part. I will certainly be there to support them.

• Like 2

Martin won't say anything because his name isn't craig cook!

Thought roynon would have got himsf ready for this meeting considering he uses for the majority of every season

Correct. My name isn't Craig Cook.

And as for the rest.. Rob Godfrey says it all.

when the top Brits don't make the effort to ride in the Ben fund its another sad day for British speedway.

Well done Ben barker top lad

• Like 5

Thats a poor show and a poor excuse by Roynon

Admire the lads courage after his crashes but not having bikes ready in March is a poor effort..infact i dont believe it

It certainly seems increasingly difficult to put this meeting on now and get the kind of field needed to make this one of the top meetings of the year. I know they had a good turn out last year, but this was helped by Tai riding his first meeting on these shores as World Champion. Just look at the field for the first couple of stagings and then look at the field for tomorrow's meeting. I know some would say that it's not the riders who are riding that count, it's the cause, but I simply don't agree. Generally speaking, the big names will get people through the gate. That will help the cause more than anything.

I think it's a total and utter disgrace that Paul Ackroyd doesn't have riders falling over themselves to ride in this meeting. The only riders who I think can be excused from giving the Ben Fund meeting a miss should be those who are riding in the Ricky Ashworth meeting at Sheffield. But there are plenty of riders around to put a good field together for both. I note some, including Ben Barker, are doing both. Barker gets a lot of stick from a lot of people, but it's clear the bloke's got a big heart. Well done to him.

It seems that Adam Roynon, possibly in light of the significant help he has received from the Ben Fund over the years, has come in for particular criticism on the BSPA statement. I don't want to get involved in a witchhunt, but all I can say is that if Peterborough's first meeting of the season was tomorrow, I doubt he would be calling up his promoter saying his equipment wasn't ready.

I won't be there tomorrow, but if some of the top stars had been riding, I would have. There's not a single Bees rider in the meeting at all. I'll make a donation to the SRBF instead.

In the meantime, when the unfortunate but inevitable injuries rack up as the season progresses, I hope that some of those unfortunately injured riders who found excuses not to ride in this meeting have a long hard look at themselves when they pick up the phone to Mr Ackroyd to ask for some financial assistance.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 9

find it hard to accept that Adam r has not got ANY equipment ready at all . maybe another issue has come to light..

as for cookie.a great local lad who does loads for speedway in general. (northside), but why could he not ride the bike he rode at mr lawsons practice track at allonby (near maryport)that looked like a bike that would do the meeting. .. see his twitter a/c.. think there could be more to iy than that.

any how.good luck to all riders in the meeting tomorrow and stay safe..

er,, g the bee .. kenneth hansen is riding ,, i think..