British Speedway Forum
Mariusz Dubi

Fundin, Briggs, Moore, Craven

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2014 at 11:19 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I can remember Nigel Boocock and Ron How being on 10yds but there must have been many others that I can remember. I presume Ken McKinley and Bob Andrews would have been 10 yarders. Anyone?

When I was around supporting Wimbledon Bob Andrews was not a 10 yarder. The Dons Peter Moore was a 10 yarder though

I can remember now, with your reminder Peter Moore being a 10 yarder, thanks.

This is amazing..... I posted 19 December 2014, you reply 19 December 2019..    EXACTLY 5 years later, to the date.

Just a few weeks later I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  Nothing to do with your post..... just dates spark memories.

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was the late great Peter Craven off a handicap in the race that led to his untimely death.? 

No, it was a challenge match and he was at the tapes at the start, there was a suggestion that he let the others go but he wasn't handicapped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I can remember now, with your reminder Peter Moore being a 10 yarder, thanks.

This is amazing..... I posted 19 December 2014, you reply 19 December 2019..    EXACTLY 5 years later, to the date.

Just a few weeks later I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  Nothing to do with your post..... just dates spark memories.

Takes me a while to get to things LOL  I have lived in Canada since 1966 but I have great memories of Speedway up until then, especially about Wimbledon. Best wishes with your health.

Just to think, over 50 years, but I can still remember the first PC riding the white line balancing away.  The races with Ove Fundin were always fantastic, two completely different styles, both wanting the win, yet total respect between them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just to think, over 50 years, but I can still remember the first PC riding the white line balancing away.  The races with Ove Fundin were always fantastic, two completely different styles, both wanting the win, yet total respect between them.

Did Ove like. bullying his way through on the line Ove!!! hard but fair.

For sure, if there was a gap Fundin would go for it. I can remember at times they were as close as they could without touching.  I know Fundin had a reputation of being hard but it’s as if he would play completely fair against Peter, who was always a clean rider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

For sure, if there was a gap Fundin would go for it. I can remember at times they were as close as they could without touching.  I know Fundin had a reputation of being hard but it’s as if he would play completely fair against Peter, who was always a clean rider.

That is why his battles with Ron How were great. Same hard approach

• Like 1