British Speedway Forum
Pirate Fid

Help! Question About My New Bike

Afternoon you knowledgeable lot.

Just bought a 125 for starting out on. Its a full size Stuha frame with a swinging foot rest, which I didn't notice when I bought it on ebay.

Can you get a solid foot rest that doesn't swing? Had a look at Joe Hughes International but all the Stuha's are described as swinging.

Any advice, recommendations or product links are much appreciated.

Cheers :t::drink:

Afternoon Pirate.

I personally have never heard of a solid footrest & wouldn't recommend one. The footrest is the lowest part of the bike (apart from the tyres obviously) and the intention of swinging is so that if you hit a bump / rut etc it flicks back up rather than digs in and unceremoniously remove the rider from the bike.

Several riders use springs to flick the footrest up when there is no pressure on it so in theory you could apply the same in reverse and have the rest permanently down?

Alternatively its make a home made one or fill the excess gap with something but I wouldn't recommend it and think you will be better off persevering even if it does feel a little strange to start off with.

Good Luck & Have loads of fun.

You can get fixed footrests, sure Max at Pegasus would have one. However like the other poster I would stick with the swinging one and get used to it, much safer.

Thanks for the info. I've done a couple of days at Ride and Skid It and was convinced they had solid foot rests on their bikes. That's what threw me when I got mine home and saw a swinging one.

I see the point of having it swinging so am going to stick with it. Thanks to the both of you for your sound advice.

Cheers :drink::t: