British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tenbears

Rooboys Boomerang Invitational

This is a great shame and very disrespectful.

edit- just realised news about saifutinov has already been posted

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1

Shame about Emil but credit to Rory for coming straight out with the news. No attempt to lead people on unlike some shared events I can think of.

Still a great looking line-up. Hopefully the weather will be kind.

Can't wait

• Like 3

Damn, emil was one of main reasons i wanted to travel for this will probably still make the trip though if my dad says yes ☺

None I believe. 12 rider format, Iversen, Sayfutidnov, Bjerre, Holder, Batchelor, Doyle, Harris, Nicholls, Stead, Allen, North and Rory must be the 12th.

Does the whole Visa issue effect this meeting?

Great Line up and I wish it a success for rory but why couldn't these riders offer there services to the Ben fund as it would of doubled the amount of money for injured riders.

why would anyone want to take a dog to speedway ? I think it's cruel

Depends on the dog and any responsible dog owner can tell you that. I could never take mine as she would not have been happy with the noise but there are plenty dogs who go and love it - just like humans really. My favourite was a riders dog (no name being mentioned) who was obviously adored and loved it. Its one of my favourite pics - what you don't see is he 'followed' the entire race (which was more than I did a fair bit of that day as I couldnt take my eyes off him lol)

2w33v2f.jpg

• Like 3

why would anyone want to take a dog to speedway ? I think it's cruel

Guide dog?

Always thought Emil riding in this meeting wouldn't happen - it's a shame but the show will go on .

Great photo Lioness. :) I wonder what happens at tracks where dogs aren't allowed like Swindon, Wolverhampton, Belle Vue, whether an exception is made when it is a riders dog who is just sitting in the van? I wish I could put photos on here like Facebook as I have some lovely ones of Molly's first meeting at Coventry when she was 9 weeks old. Bit boring though as she was curled up asleep. :lol: Lucy too when she was introduced to speedway at 9 weeks - she just went to sleep. That's the time when you find out if they're going to be okay or not - any signs of distress and they don't get taken again. Fortunately I've never had that problem with any of my dogs though.

when the clash of fixtures came out i thought it was muted that the rooboy and peterboro meetings would be staggered so fans could attend both. with start times of 2'00 and 4'00 they might as well be starting at the same time if it was 1'30 and 4'30 it would be fine, what is the matter with promoters?

i don't know if we're making the trip now, very disappointing and stupid imo.

when the clash of fixtures came out i thought it was muted that the rooboy and peterboro meetings would be staggered so fans could attend both. with start times of 2'00 and 4'00 they might as well be starting at the same time if it was 1'30 and 4'30 it would be fine, what is the matter with promoters?

i don't know if we're making the trip now, very disappointing and stupid imo.

Rooboy's starts at 1800

Rooboy's starts at 1800

thanks for the reply S/L . it says 4'00 in the S/star.can i trust the start time for p/boro , do you know if it is 2'00? and most importantly

is there plenty of time to do both meetings in your opinion?

BSPA site has Boro at 1400. I'd allow 60-70 minutes travel/parking time depending on crowd size at both of course. No idea how efficient Boro will be getting thro their meeting. 2 hours should IMHO be plenty but organisers do seem to have this tendency to drag things out but you have the option to leave early and avoid jams getting out of Showground.

BSPA site has Boro at 1400. I'd allow 60-70 minutes travel/parking time depending on crowd size at both of course. No idea how efficient Boro will be getting thro their meeting. 2 hours should IMHO be plenty but organisers do seem to have this tendency to drag things out but you have the option to leave early and avoid jams getting out of Showground.

Just to confirm Peterborough definitely starts at 2pm and Kings Lynn 6pm.

Peterborough have already said that they will ensure that their meeting will be run to allow fans to attend both meetings, Oliver Allen is riding in both meetings don't forget!

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2383.2

With the weather looking favourable on Sunday hopefully plenty of fans will take in both meetings and there will be great crowds at both.

Edited by Noodles