British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tenbears

Rooboys Boomerang Invitational

Just to confirm Peterborough definitely starts at 2pm and Kings Lynn 6pm.

Peterborough have already said that they will ensure that their meeting will be run to allow fans to attend both meetings, Oliver Allen is riding in both meetings don't forget!

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2383.2

With the weather looking favourable on Sunday hopefully plenty of fans will take in both meetings and there will be great crowds at both.

thank you star lady and noodles, i'll make my plans, come on nice weather!!!!!!!!

Only doing Rory's meeting - Rory had this date months ago and all my support and money will be going to Rory

So looking forward to this one, but not the 400 mile round trip!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

when the clash of fixtures came out i thought it was muted that the rooboy and peterboro meetings would be staggered so fans could attend both. with start times of 2'00 and 4'00 they might as well be starting at the same time if it was 1'30 and 4'30 it would be fine, what is the matter with promoters?

i don't know if we're making the trip now, very disappointing and stupid imo.

Gates at Lynn open at 4pm. Racing starts at 6pm. That's what I believe to be happening. I think there's an autograph session at 4.30pm and a load of other stuff going on before the actual racing starts. Going by how Rory has been talking about it on the radio, it'll be more than just speedway racing we'll be seeing!

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

Still desperately looking for a texter. .can anyone help please?

Thanks

Good Luck to Rory this afternoon/evening. As a Bees rider over the years he's frustrating the living day lights out of me as I've seen him have great rides and some truly terrible rides, it'd be wrong to say he's top of my list of favourite riders but, one thing I'll never ever question, his commitment to his team and British Speedway. The times we were told (or heard) that he was riding with a multitude of injuries when his team needed him to was/is staggering. It seems he's happy to guest every day of the week too if he can. He's always put British Speedway first and hasn't always been rewarded with the loyalty he perhaps deserves.

I hope tonight is a great meeting, with a huge crowd.

Great turn out today - must be double ave Lynn gate, great reward for Rory who puts British racing 1st

• Like 5

What race format is it as the line up vs results don't match up on the updates page. Or is it me having a moment ??

Well done RooBoy, if only all meetings were like that :D

Racing was excellent, overtakes in most races and close racing in others.

Presentation of riders was as it should be - individually and doing wheelies etc.

Races flowed quickly from one to the next - no interminable tractors going round, the quality of the racing proving that grading after every heat or two is totally unnecessary (adverse weather excepted).

Juniors given a chance to race in front of a large crowd - has to be good for them and for the crowd to see up and comers. Nice to also see they still acknowledge the crowd with a wave :approve: (some seniors need to take note)

Centre green presentation was superb - I'm not usually a fan of commentary during a race but Mr Aunger was brilliant. Informative, enthusiastic, colourful and most certainly not repetitive.

The light show was interesting but IMO needs a bit of refining but for a first go was good.

The startline (a la Sheffield) was always gonna be good, the flames adding a certain something.

The fireworks were excellent and their timing was spot on.

Two minute dashes were interesting and threw up a couple of surprises.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. It was fresh, it was different, it was slick and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Only minor hiccup was the lack of results being announced after the races but don't think anyone really cared.

Thank you RooBoy for the meeting and the years of service you have given to British Speedway.

Now which promoter will have the guts to use some or all of your ideas or better still use you as a presentation consultant. :D

• Like 9

Well done RooBoy, if only all meetings were like that :D

Racing was excellent, overtakes in most races and close racing in others.

Presentation of riders was as it should be - individually and doing wheelies etc.

Races flowed quickly from one to the next - no interminable tractors going round, the quality of the racing proving that grading after every heat or two is totally unnecessary (adverse weather excepted).

Juniors given a chance to race in front of a large crowd - has to be good for them and for the crowd to see up and comers. Nice to also see they still acknowledge the crowd with a wave :approve: (some seniors need to take note)

Centre green presentation was superb - I'm not usually a fan of commentary during a race but Mr Aunger was brilliant. Informative, enthusiastic, colourful and most certainly not repetitive.

The light show was interesting but IMO needs a bit of refining but for a first go was good.

The startline (a la Sheffield) was always gonna be good, the flames adding a certain something.

The fireworks were excellent and their timing was spot on.

Two minute dashes were interesting and threw up a couple of surprises.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. It was fresh, it was different, it was slick and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Only minor hiccup was the lack of results being announced after the races but don't think anyone really cared.

Thank you RooBoy for the meeting and the years of service you have given to British Speedway.

Now which promoter will have the guts to use some or all of your ideas or better still use you as a presentation consultant. :D

. Spot on post I agree 100% for me the most notable part of the whole evening was having a knowledgable announcer it makes me realise how much we still miss Mike Bennett the Stock car bloke tries hard but just lacks knowledge of the sport .

Back to the meeting I thought NKI looked like he'd never been injured fast and smooth - and Kenneth looked back to his best .

Great entertaining meeting big well done Rory

great start to the season with some close racing, and well-presented as already reported - well done Rory :party:

my only gripe was the heating - the flames at the starting gate hardly helped at all!! ;)

• Like 2