British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ivanhoward

Heats Formula

Didn't say it wasn't important - just not important for fans to know now!!! Much prefer they take as long as they like and make the necessary tweak(s) to improve those errors before the first meeting programmes are printed!

that would seem to indicate you think the formula has not been finalised or if it has at least not ratified.

If so there is nothing to announce anyway.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

All the fans are really asking is that the powers above let the said fans know a little of what is going on in the meetings. They never tell anything until the last minute. Happy fans make the promoters happy, because that way they keep going along to watch the meetings, to many unhappy fans are staying away and you only have to look at that with the way the sport is in now.

that would seem to indicate you think the formula has not been finalised or if it has at least not ratified.

If so there is nothing to announce anyway.

It was stated at the time of the AGM statement that BSPA/SCB would look at making some minor changes - primarily to avoid the away No. 4 waiting til heat 5 for his first ride!!

Its generally known that the BSPA have a meeting planned for January (the same every year!), so I imagine someone has been tasked with looking at the format and reporting back prior to ratification.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

So nothing to report yet then and those moaning are jumping the gun.

Although there has been 12 months to sort it so why the delay! wink.

• Like 1

Hope the FTR riders get the chance to ride against the heat leaders in 1 of their heats. The worst they can do is lose to them, & imagine the lift it would give them to take a few big scalps.

• Like 1

Hope the FTR riders get the chance to ride against the heat leaders in 1 of their heats. The worst they can do is lose to them, & imagine the lift it would give them to take a few big scalps.

That was another one of the ideas put forward, hoping to be included in the new race format. It was thought this would be far more beneficial to the FTR than racing against similar quality to themselves. The suggestion was for the top Tier rider to have a race against HL. But this would also mean that the FTR would be allocated a permanent position No6 and be unable to switch with the 2nd Tier FTR.

Obviously there would be fore's and against such an idea, but as had already been pointed out, we will have to wait and see.

Has anyone seen the heat formula for 2015?

As far as I know the heat formula is as normal , Gas , Electric or Coal

Didn't say it wasn't important - just not important for fans to know now!!! Much prefer they take as long as they like and make the necessary tweak(s) to improve those errors before the first meeting programmes are printed!

Seriously the exclamaition marks are still way over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the exclamaition marks are still way over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the way exclamation sometimes boldly goes!

• Like 1

Still Star Trekkin across the universe then having not found reverse.

Beam up scotty and you can a no change the laws of physics and all that.

No, but sadly, you can a change the laws of speedway.

I would put at least one race in there where the Draft rider at no.6 was racing against the Away teams heat leader for example but i wouldnt put the format down for any Draft riders to face a heat leader away from home so maybe something like 3 & 6 vs 4 & 5 going with the idea of that draft rider having home advantage, i think they need this one heat maybe in their 3rd/4th ride in order to further progress as thes 6's should be looking to get into the main body in year 3 of the program.

It's not quite as important as finding out the sex of your new baby, people can't wait to have that scan whereas it was so much more exciting finding out when the baby was born, just be patient people ☺

But if it has a problem you would like to know first and have time to prepare for it.

But if it has a problem you would like to know first and have time to prepare for it.

The parents and family members would like to know first (ie the Clubs/riders) but it would only be published worldwide on a website for all and sundry to see just before or when the 'child' is born - if at all!!

What 'preparation' does a 'fan' need to do prior to the first meeting??

Edited by Skidder1

The race format used in 2014 was too unbalanced in my opinion and there was too much emphasis and importance in the reserves. This format is more like the format used before but with a few changes to protect the #7 rider who is the NL draft rider

Two Options of how a team lines up

1 - Riders line up in order of averages

2 - Top rider must be at #1

In both options, the strongest reserve must be at #6

Each reserve must take three programmed rides .... note programmed rides not rides

HT 01 = 1c 5a v 1d 5b

HT 02 = 6b 7d v 6a 7c

HT 03 = 3c 4a v 3d 4b

HT 04 = 2c 7a v 2d 7b

HT 05 = 3b 4d v 1c 5a

HT 06 = 1a 5c v 2b 6d

HT 07 = 2b 6d v 3a 4c

HT 08 = 5d 7b v 5c 7a

HT 09 = 3d 4b v 2a 6c

HT 10 = 1d 5b v 3c 4a

HT 11 = 2a 6c v 1b 5d

HT 12 = 3a 7c v 3b 7d

HT 13 = 1b 2d v 1a 2c

HT 14 = 4c 6a v 4d 6b

HT 15 = B D V A C

Obviously this shows the home team took gates 1+3 in heat one ..... to change to the other gates, simply swap A - B and C - D

Why wait when I posted a better format back in October and ensures more level heats and only protecting the #7 (lowest reserve)

Why wait when I posted a better format back in October and ensures more level heats and only protecting the #7 (lowest reserve)

Please to see someone else has positive views on the subject. Having been shot down by certain posters, I question the point of, 'why bother'.

The problems with the format last year were inescapable, because of the lateness of the initial announcement of that format. Had the declaration been known earlier, amendments could have be initiated. Everyone were aware of certain issues in the format within the first months of the season. So I ask the question, why has it taken so long to address the problems??? We talk about sports being run as a business, but no business would wait this long before doing something about it.

TNT. I thought your suggestion, you made back in October, was interesting. It showed Enterprise, Enthusiasm, and above all Positivity. I don't go along with all you suggest, ( The Away No 6 having to race against 3 home heat leaders is asking abit much !!) but at least the idea is down on paper, so opinions can be aired and with time available, amendments' made if decided.

But like I said, there are people who think it is unimportant to have the format published prior to the start of the season. So, we have no option but to wait and except it in its entirety.. Be it good or bad, it will be too late to change it.......... until next year......... :t: .