British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

It was reported several weeks back when the Jack Holder/Jake Allen assessed average (5 or 7?) came to light, that the BSPA would be meeting with the Visa officials - something that used to happen every year - sometime in January 2015 to thrash out any 'issues' as far as they may affect speedway riders!

Anyone know when this meeting is taking/has taken place??

Edited by Skidder1

I would say ask Skidder1 - hes bound to know but....

Or are you going by the old saying "never ask a question you dont know the answer to" to get the ball rolling? wink

• Like 2

Sorry I dont know then.

Sometime in the next two weeks is my best guess!!

Maybe its the British riders who are trying to make a way in the Sport, but cant get a Team place, they are the ones who should be holding the meeting with The UKBA, the BSPA will only bend rules to suit there particular circumstance.

For instance a new None British passport holder is assessed as a 7 pointer, but the following year if his average is lets assume say 5 points he can still ride here, surely if he is assessed as a 7 pointer to obtain a visa then he should be 7 or above for the following seasons..

• Like 2

For instance a new None British passport holder is assessed as a 7 pointer, but the following year if his average is lets assume say 5 points he can still ride here, surely if he is assessed as a 7 pointer to obtain a visa then he should be 7 or above for the following seasons..

Which is how it used to be. I'd be nice and say assesed average 7 can't drop lower than 6, gives some wiggle room for them then. But no hard luck stories, the dropping to 6 gives them a points tolerance to allow for injury or other bad luck.

Who is it that has decided that young none EU riders come straight into the Premier on 7 points, with no league/ team riding experience it's far to high.

However if assessed averages were done fairly in the first place, then that should be the minimum figure used for all future team building etc.

I am all for developing British riders & the place to start is the Nat/Conference league. Other then the team captain/coach all riders should be potential Premier/ Elite material or move over! We have far to many very keen fathers of no more than average talented son's it's them that are blocking new talent coming through!

• Like 1

Sorry that my input has stalled this topic, but please tell me who can expect a first year Australian (or Kiwi)to attain a 7 point average in the Premier League.

May-be we should have drug & alcohol test before any BSPA or SCB voting!

Sorry that my input has stalled this topic, but please tell me who can expect a first year Australian (or Kiwi)to attain a 7 point average in the Premier League.

May-be we should have drug & alcohol test before any BSPA or SCB voting!

Except of course is the UKBA that determines, that not an organisation within Speedway. That's been the problem because BSPA were wanting it to stay at 5.

• Like 1

Who is it that has decided that young none EU riders come straight into the Premier on 7 points, with no league/ team riding experience it's far to high.

However if assessed averages were done fairly in the first place, then that should be the minimum figure used for all future team building etc.

I am all for developing British riders & the place to start is the Nat/Conference league. Other then the team captain/coach all riders should be potential Premier/ Elite material or move over! We have far to many very keen fathers of no more than average talented son's it's them that are blocking new talent coming through!

The government,. While people are voting for UKIP and wanting foreigners banned, the government have to clamp down on foreigners. That means limiting the work permit rider who come in. I dont see why people are so upset at the prospect of losing a few 5 point riders?! "I'm not going to speedway any more because Mason Campton has been forced out" - said nobody ever!

i feel sorry for Allen and also Holder all this indecision regarding there averages.Yet we have had riders from Sweden Denmark who regulary struggle to get a 5 pt average never mind 7pt average but always end up with a team place.

Surely the UKBA should determine who should/should not be allowed to compete in UK speedway. The riders average is an internal & unique to speedway toll that in theory allow teams to be evenly matched, therefore nothing to do with UKBA but with the BSPA itself.

Surely the UKBA should determine who should/should not be allowed to compete in UK speedway. The riders average is an internal & unique to speedway toll that in theory allow teams to be evenly matched, therefore nothing to do with UKBA but with the BSPA itself.

There has to be a standard or indicator of a riders ability to get his permit. In the past and possibly still, there used to be requirements like being in the top 4 of State titles to come here to ride. That probably equated to the 7 average, but despite the BSPA trying to maintain a 5, the UKBA don't agree and they have to maintain the average.