British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yikes

Any News If The Betting And Streaming Will Be Around In 2015

Any news on if the sport is actually benefitting from it??

Any news on if the sport is actually benefitting from it??

Well they sold the rights to Go Speed, so yeah, they are! Go speed then sold them on to the bookies.

Wouldn`t be at all surprised if the Promoters aren`t of the opinion that " it worked well last year"

Only if it didn't..

If it did work well, they'd be scrapping it.

The longer term plan was for the sport to receive a % of the money placed on Speedway bets!!

It would just be interesting to know of any facts and figures as to what monies might have been involved and how many more people it kept away from actually attending??! :wink::shock:

The longer term plan was for the sport to receive a % of the money placed on Speedway bets!!

It would just be interesting to know of any facts and figures as to what monies might have been involved and how many more people it kept away from actually attending??! :wink::shock:

Only a surmise on my part but did the Promoter`s sign up to this knowing that anyone with just a few quid lodged with a bookmaker could watch 3/4/5 Elite matches per week for FREE !!!!

Would be interesting to know if fans have not gone to their local track because of Bet365 showing the meeting or an alternative one

I love the service and the fact we can watch speedway every night, but I have never let it get in the way of actually watching a live meeting

• Like 1

Only a surmise on my part but did the Promoter`s sign up to this knowing that anyone with just a few quid lodged with a bookmaker could watch 3/4/5 Elite matches per week for FREE !!!!

As the track filming is done by a subsidiary of Sky, the concept was probably 'sold' to promoters on the basis of 'any exposure is good exposure'!

They not only do Speedway there are literally 100's of live screening of different sports in a week. even watched the BDO darts on there which was not being televised on BBC.. As they improve the quality of the pictures , i wonder if it will eventually affect the viability of Live speedway updates site

As the track filming is done by a subsidiary of Sky, the concept was probably 'sold' to promoters on the basis of 'any exposure is good exposure'!

apart from via Twitter Facebook Youtube or any other social media though if that thread is to be believed!

Re 2015 season streaming I received the following response from bet365:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email regarding wanting to know if we are going to be streaming Elite League Speedway Matches for the 2015 season.

I have contacted the department that deals with the Live Streaming on our site and they have advised that at this moment we are unsure of whether we will be Streaming this for the 2015 season. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if the experiment didn't continue. For all the reasons previously conveyed (read posts by Arthur Cross), this was always a non starter if BSPA were looking to make any money out of it.

Would be poor for us fans though, I loved watching a whole season for less than a fiver!