British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yikes

Any News If The Betting And Streaming Will Be Around In 2015

Just spoke to BET365 and the answer was "We will not be streaming speedway"

Shame, but it was too good to be true!

Edited by googlehead

Just seen this thread, was told couple weeks ago by someone in the know it not happening. Promoters hated it and it was not what they were promised, they were told if you bet on a race you would be able to watch that race.

Absolutely no surprise that last season's streaming isn't continuing given it proved far easier for freeloaders to watch the action than the majority of promoters expected.

What's more frightening is that some expertise within speedway on how the betting side of broadcasting works was offered to a BSPA management committee member in the summer of 2013 but never followed up !!

Absolutely no surprise that last season's streaming isn't continuing given it proved far easier for freeloaders to watch the action than the majority of promoters expected.

What's more frightening is that some expertise within speedway on how the betting side of broadcasting works was offered to a BSPA management committee member in the summer of 2013 but never followed up !!

To be honest if I were a promoter I would be questioning my product if a grainy little stream was actually stopping people attending. It was little more than a live results service, although the dinosaurs probably object to that as well

• Like 1

To be honest if I were a promoter I would be questioning my product if a grainy little stream was actually stopping people attending. It was little more than a live results service, although the dinosaurs probably object to that as well

They have been know to :)

It's simply the latest excuse they've dug up for the struggling product.

It says something when even Netball can secure a six figure sponsorship deal for their league.. and speedway, even with live tv coverage cannot.

I doubt it will make an ounce of difference when you consider the likely numbers of how many fans are over 18, are computer literate, like a flutter and use that particular method to bet, i think out of 1000 fans maybe 10-15 would use it, compare that to sky where of those same 1000 prob 450-500 would stay away.

I watched quite a few meetings last season, when i say watched though it was more a case of in the background and keeping an eye on it, none of those matches i would have gone to had they not been shown on bet 365.

We are all well aware now that with maybe the exception of Poole and the play off meetings, the EL on sky is always played out to a near as dammit empty stadium and yet promoters never seem to moan about it, unless sky are giving them 10k per meeting i cannot see how its viable and if they are giving them that amount then really they should all be forced by contract to lower admission prices to entice a bigger crowd for the camera's, or does that sound unfair?

• Like 1