British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

See EDIT in post above, typed when you were doing this. :P

I've seen the Edit Tsunami.

I've also been through every single squad in the entirety of Division 2, you can do so on Wikipedia if you wish, it's freely available information. It lists their nationality. The results are below.

Accrington Stanley 15 English, 2 Scottish, 5 Irish

AFC Wimbledon 27 English, 2 Irish

Burton Albion 18 English, 2 Scottish, 2 Dutch, 1 Irish, 1 Australian (possible Work permit!)

Bury 16 English, 2 Scots, 3 Welsh, 1 Nigerian

Cambridge Utd 24 English, 1 Irish, 1 Italian, 1 Scot, 1 Australian (qualifies as lived in UK since a child)

Carlisle 20 English, 1 Scot, 2 Irish, 1 Welsh, 1 Ghana (in England since a child, no permit needed), 1 Montserrat (English born so no permit needed)

Cheltenham 21 English, 2 Irish, 1 Welsh

Dagenham & Redbridge 19 English, 2 Irish, 1 Scot, 1 Trinidad and Tobago (Born in England, no permit needed)

Exeter 17 English, 2 Welsh, 4 Irish, 1 Scot

Hartlepool 27 English

Luton Town 26 English, 2 Welsh, 2 Irish, 1 Nigerian (moved to England when 18 months old, no permit needed)

Mansfield 22 English, 1 Bermuda (in England since a child), 1 Australian (moved to England as a child), 1 Swiss

Morecambe 21 English, 3 Irish, 1 Welsh

Newport County 15 English, 5 Welsh, 3 Irish

Northampton Town 17 English, 1 Scot, 2 Irish

Oxford United 23 English, 2 Irish, 2 Welsh, 1 New Zealand (moved to England as a child)

Plymouth 25 English, 1 Irish

Portsmouth 23 English, 1 Austrian, 1 French, 1 Ghana (born in England)

Shrewsbury 17 English, 2 Irish, 1 French, 1 Australian (work permit guy perhaps!!)

Southend 18 English, 6 Irish, 1 Welsh, 1 Dane, 1 Antigua (born in England)

Stevenage 22 English, 1 Irish, 1 French, 1 Congo (moved to England as a child)

Tranmere Rovers 21 English, 1 Slovakian, 3 Welsh, 1 Scot, 1 Nigerian (moved to England as a child), 1 Sierra Leone (moved to England as a child), 1 St Lucia (moved to England as a child)

Wycombe 16 English, 1 Scot, 2 Welsh, 1 Jamaica (Born in England), 1 Portugal

York City 19 English, 1 Antigua (born in England), 1 Grenada (born in England), 1 Guadeloupe (qualifies as French), 1 Austrian

So, never mind what companies you have found, what you believe to be the case... above are the STONE COLD FACTS:

There is NO problem or issue with work permit players in League 2. Indeed there are only TWO possible work permit players. They are Australians and may well have relatives that qualify them anyway.

The figures for League 1 are very similar.

Thus, I wasn't talking rubbish :)

Sense of humour transplant required. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well I'm sorry BW - I thought it was funny. I don't consider myself ill educated or Racist. I can laugh at Jokes about white (Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman) people too.

This is where all this bloody Politically Correct rubbish causes trouble.

You must live in a backwater up there WK...

At best, it is one of the oldest most tired attempts at a joke - and most have heard it a millions of times before..

• Like 2

I've also been through every single squad in the entirety of Division 2, you can do so on Wikipedia if you wish, it's freely available information. It lists their nationality. The results are below.

Burton Albion 18 English, 2 Scottish, 2 Dutch, 1 Irish, 1 Australian (possible Work permit!)

Cambridge Utd 24 English, 1 Irish, 1 Italian, 1 Scot, 1 Australian (qualifies as lived in UK since a child)

Carlisle 20 English, 1 Scot, 2 Irish, 1 Welsh, 1 Ghana (in England since a child, no permit needed), 1 Montserrat (English born so no permit needed)

Dagenham & Redbridge 19 English, 2 Irish, 1 Scot, 1 Trinidad and Tobago (Born in England, no permit needed)

Hartlepool 27 English

Luton Town 26 English, 2 Welsh, 2 Irish, 1 Nigerian (moved to England when 18 months old, no permit needed)

Mansfield 22 English, 1 Bermuda (in England since a child), 1 Australian (moved to England as a child), 1 Swiss

Oxford United 23 English, 2 Irish, 2 Welsh, 1 New Zealand (moved to England as a child)

Shrewsbury 17 English, 2 Irish, 1 French, 1 Australian (work permit guy perhaps!!)

Tranmere Rovers 21 English, 1 Slovakian, 3 Welsh, 1 Scot, 1 Nigerian (moved to England as a child), 1 Sierra Leone (moved to England as a child), 1 St Lucia (moved to England as a child)

York City 19 English, 1 Antigua (born in England), 1 Grenada (born in England), 1 Guadeloupe (qualifies as French), 1 Austrian

So, never mind what companies you have found, what you believe to be the case... above are the STONE COLD FACTS:

There is NO problem or issue with work permit players in League 2. Indeed there are only TWO possible work permit players. They are Australians and may well have relatives that qualify them anyway.

Very thorough, I must admit.

And neither was I. There had to be some for Dan Chapman to have such a lofted title.

nothing funny about racisim and imigration is even more serious

speedway riders have to pass a wtitten and verble english test but anyother sport or job they can come over regardless of if they can speak english

where i work my boss always gave foriegners a work sheet got them to read it and explain what it ment

now we use agency workers and we get "the dont understand english not good " routine

Sorry scarra, but the english knowledge test does apply to other jobs, and sports, as can be seen from here.

You won’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of one of the following countries:

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • USA

I think maybe you are getting mixed up with if anyone is from an EU country they are NOT required to have any english knowledge, and as we all know, many of them dont have a word of english, but i can assure you, for None EU work permits not from the list above, they are required to have a certain level of english.

Its a great pity they dont have to have a certain level of english, because many EU speedway riders dont even have a certain level of competitivness when on a Speedway bike either :lol: .

Edited by greyhoundp

Very thorough, I must admit.

And neither was I. There had to be some for Dan Chapman to have such a lofted title.

Staggering you still can't accept you were wrong..

Let's not forget you said

"My point was the football, with the dross in lower league, seems to have too low, and too broad, qualification requirements to play over here. They hardly bring people through the door, and as you imply below, there is a better case in football for them to be removed, and Brits move up a few notches and play at a higher lever"

Your words.

Now, where is this 'dross in the lower leagues'

Where are these players playing over here due to 'too broad, qualification' requirements.

As I told you at the very beginning, they don't exist. It's a figment of your imagination.

There are an absolute maximum of TWO work permit players in the whole of League 2, that's 24 clubs with a squad size of between 25 and 30 players in most cases.

What is more, those two players may not even need permits anyway.

Let us also remember that when I pointed this out and advised you it wasn't an issue you told me:-

"Bollocks

The FL realise it, HA has said it and upto date footie fans all know it. If you don't TOUGH. "

As we have now seen.. they don't realise that at all.

Does anybody give a rubbish as to whether or not there is dross, requiring a work permit or otherwise, in the lower leagues of English football? I thought this thread was about speedway. I get that you 2 enjoying having a dig at each other, but it's getting boring now to be honest.

• Like 6

My word!

This has turned into some thread.

I'm still none the wiser about how these things work, mind.

I'd say that makes you perfectly qualified to be a speedway promoter :t:

• Like 5

If I could draw a cartoon it would have a couple of Australian kids surrounded by immigration heavies, twisting their arms to reveal their true averages, while in the background a squad of jihadists on their way back from training in Syria, in black masks carrying combat rifles and a couple of bags of grenades, sauntering through the nothing to declare channel.

With all that's going on in the world with people trafficking and terrorism, I can't help thinking there's more important things these jobsworths could be getting on with rather than hounding a few kids with dubious ability on a speedway bike.

• Like 2

the spotlight swung onto speedway because of the UKBA being disbanded and the UKVI being created. The BSPA, as the professional body for speedway , were asked to supply certain details of the body to the UKVI to keep their recognition by the government.. The BSPA office failed to reply to the requirement by the REQUIRED date set by the government , in other words they treated the government the same way they interact with everyone else in speedway, that was the start of greater diligence by the men iin sukits

My word!

This has turned into some thread.

well,,, basically, England, sorry Britain are crap at speedway (in general),,, so we need to get some foreigner's in to spice it up a bit, and show us Brit's how to go on,,, which is fine, but because of people sneaking into the country, in the back of lorry's and stuff and bleeding our system,,, Joe Public want's to know why this is allowed to happen, when Brits are hungry and homeless,,, so,,, people in authority clamp down on foreigner's (as a whole) entering our green and pleasant land to steal our work, but also somewhere in this confusion, apparently, if you know some one from the war, like a Grandad, or old Auntie, it's easier to get in,,, mental :unsure:

Hartlepool 27 English

Expect a call from the BSPA in the morning. Anyone who could find the time to produce that reply will be invaluable on the regulations for such topics as the position of the heel for sit down gardening, permitted colours for fuel caps and the use of Brasso for cleaning of the through pipe silencer. Demand top Dollar! Edited by Brough Diamond
  • Like 4

Expect a call from the BSPA in the morning. Anyone who could find the time to produce that reply will be invaluable on the regulations for such topics as the position of the heel for sit down gardening, permitted colours for fuel caps and the use of Brasso for cleaning of the through pipe silencer. Demand top Dollar!

It took about 10 minutes, hardly time consuming.

Leagues have been won in the past with promotions " taking a punt " . Darcy Ward joined Kings Lynn on a 5 point average when he first came over . Ok he was rumoured to have potential , but you just never know how they'll adjust . Ivan Mauger didn't set the heather on fire on his first try on these shores .

a rider of ge uine potential should be able to achieve a top four placing in an aussie state championship.

alternatively, a pl side should be willing to take a risk on them co.ing I on an assessed 7 average.

remember teenagers such as jan o and prr jonsson had to join the bl on assessed 6 point averages, a d maintsin those to be elegible to ride.

csnt see a ythi g in the rules stopping genuine talent from riding in the uk.

• Like 1