British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

Exactly the reason they shouldn't be allowed in the National League - a League designed to develop BRITISH riders :blink:

You are now using Starman logic where you start argueing against yourself.

No you said something that's not true, when you said using the NL to make them better is an absolute no starter, when it did, we all know the league is designed to develop British riders, that's why Jon Armstrong and Tony Aitkin are still riding in it, do you mean all British riders, or young British riders.

No you said something that's not true, when you said using the NL to make them better is an absolute no starter, when it did, we all know the league is designed to develop British riders, that's why Jon Armstrong and Tony Aitkin are still riding in it, do you mean all British riders, or young British riders.

That's the point isn't it - it did make them better, which is exactly the point... We don't want to make them better! They can do that in their own Country and then when they are good enough they can compete in the higher leagues. You're constantly contradicting yourself.

That's the point isn't it - it did make them better, which is exactly the point... We don't want to make them better! They can do that in their own Country and then when they are good enough they can compete in the higher leagues. You're constantly contradicting yourself.

So are you, you don't want Australians coming into this Country to make them better, but you don't mind them riding for Somerset to make them better, you're doing the same, your full of it.

So are you, you don't want Australians coming into this Country to make them better, but you don't mind them riding for Somerset to make them better, you're doing the same, your full of it.

Give me strength!! Somerset don't ride in the National League :blink:

Give me strength!! Somerset don't ride in the National League

Give me strength!! Somerset don't ride in the National League :blink:

Well I never, I didn't know that, so Somerset are not interested in Australians until they are proven in there own Country.

One of the problems in Australia appears to be that with the size of the country that experience through league racing is very limited. The distances from one speedway centre, or even track, to another could be vast, unless they want to ride against the same riders and teams all the time. They have quite a few training tracks and with the space they have the youngsters can ride anywhere and they then seem to go to tracks and have meetings for youngsters, starting at a young age on small bikes, I think they are called pee wees and building up their experience to ride on 125s and 250s etc before riding 500s. This is why when they come to the UK so many come over here at a good standard.

Through our winter there seems to be very few meetings with the top Australian riders, apart from the Australian Championships. Maybe one of our Australian members can explain better than I can about how there system works.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

any craic on the visa situation and can anyone tell/advise me how to quieten/stop squeaking floor boards in my house. any clues on both queries greatly appreciated . ta..

any craic on the visa situation and can anyone tell/advise me how to quieten/stop squeaking floor boards in my house. any clues on both queries greatly appreciated . ta..

Stop putting money under them, there not the same when you put them back.

ironic that the visa front is all quiet when your floorboards arent but thats life eh!

Re the floorboards - have you tried letting your neighbours cat out fron under them? That should stop the squeaking. wink

Stop putting money under them, there not the same when you put them back.

i take it you are speaking from experience then. i did try the pound coins, but they just rattled.......

Move into a bungalow with concrete floors ;-)

• Like 1

Campton has done a helluva lot better in 2 seasons than riders like Dilger.

He has been over here for ages, is absolute pants.

Yet he is still allowed to prevent up and coming Brits a team place.

Dilger(who to my knowledge I haven't seen ride/race so cannot judge on ability or entertainment value) Isn't the problem it's teams signing EU riders who aren't good enough.

Though many more young British riders could follow the example set by Kyle Newman by taking up opportunities to ride here there and everywhere, and now he's reaping the rewards. In this country we have too many young lads happy to be a NL makeweight or PL reserve and until that changes we ain't going to change much.

Dilger(who to my knowledge I haven't seen ride/race so cannot judge on ability or entertainment value) Isn't the problem it's teams signing EU riders who aren't good enough.

Though many more young British riders could follow the example set by Kyle Newman by taking up opportunities to ride here there and everywhere, and now he's reaping the rewards. In this country we have too many young lads happy to be a NL makeweight or PL reserve and until that changes we ain't going to change much.

Dilger is an EU rider (German I believe). The point Simmo1958 was trying to make was that some non EU riders (i.e. some Aussies/Yanks) that can't get a visa are better than the EU ones who don't need a visa to ride here. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Dilger is an EU rider (German I believe). The point Simmo1958 was trying to make was that some non EU riders (i.e. some Aussies/Yanks) that can't get a visa are better than the EU ones who don't need a visa to ride here. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Very true Steve, that would only change if we get out of the EU, then what would happen.

Yes that's true, but at least they live on the same continent.