British Speedway Forum
T.N.T.

2015 El Predictions

Now that we are not in the elite league I can take a more objective view. I struggle to understand why so many are thinking that KL will be up the top.

This year there are a couple of important differences when compiling a team at 1 to 5. Firstly the Points allowance was raised and secondly there are 8 not 10 teams which means a greater availability of riders. This should mean all teams are stronger at 1 to 5. Looking at the line up and recognizing Poole & Leicester are incomplete there is no doubt they all are, or will be, stronger with the exception of KL who have stood still.

Next problem is the Reserves, They made a big contribution last year but this year the addition of Auty, Wright and Birks to the draft plus once again only 8 teams to divide them between means the reserves will be much stronger this year indeed several of last years No 6 will be at No 7. It does not look as though there are any 'easy' heats 2 & 12.

On an individual note I have no doubt Iversen will do his job well and I am chewing over the prospect of a sizeable bet at 7-1 for him to win the World title this year but Bjerre and Schlein looked to be struggling as last season wore on. I have a feeling their best days are past and they will struggle to avoid sliding further, They will have their good days but I think they will get more inconsistent. This puts a huge load on Porsing and Lamberts shoulders. No doubt they will improve but so too will many of the other young men in the other teams.

This looks like the most open title race for years so let's hope nobody is struck by the injury bug. I am a little dubious about Wolves and Swindon but fancy Leicester might spring a surprise and make the play off's whilst KL may be the team that disappoints.

1. Kings Lynn
  2. Coventry
  3. Poole
  4. Lakeside
  5. Belle Vue
  6. Leicester
  7. Swindon
  8. Wolves

Play Offs Cov

Most in demand EDR.......Steve Boxhall....

Looking at the heat format now, the teams that should be suited best are the teams with two good top men followed by two very good back up riders to form a formidable top four. A few years ago the #5 rider was often the top man as they had to partner reserves but now the #5 only appears alongside the #1 or #3 so this should be the weakest of the three,

Poole with Davey Watt look the best equipped here as Davey Watt has been a consistant scorer acan't see them missing out.s a heat leader in the last few seasons and with Holder and possibly Janowski, you could easily see him scoring 5+4. This may mean he would slip to a second string but Dakota North can move up and then Davey will excel in the second string role.

Belle Vue with Stead and Cook should do well while King and ? (Pawlicki/JK ?) are strong at Coventry. I originally went for these three teams to be in the play offs and I still can't see them missing out. But who will be the last team to reach the play offs ? ...... I went with Kings Lynn but think they could struggle more than some think as they no longer have the "bargain" second strings like last season.

Lakeside having doubling up riders in Lawson and Kennett and don't have priority while Birks at reserve also doesn't have priority and looks like missing quite a few and missing these riders in key meetings could cost them in the end. Leicester could be the suprise packet but there are some good second strings now and Wozniak is going to find it tough He averaged 7.54 in the Polish Division One but the opposition here is going to test him.

That leaves Swindon who I tipped as wooden spoon contenders but I can't see Meidzinski doing that well in this format and Morris and Zengota will have to be up for a battle. Wolves however have too much pressure on Freddie and like Meidzinski I think he will struggle to even average eight points a match. Museliak is a great signing but can the other three step up ?

So I stick with my original post but if one of the bottom four shocks anyone then it could be Wolves .... but think there will be changes mid season

1. Coventry

2. Poole

3. King's Lynn

4. Belle Vue

5. Lakeside

6. Swindon

7. Leicester

8. Wolverhampton

Play-Off Final: Poole v Coventry (winner to be announced in October - or November if it rains again)

A very close league this year with few away wins I suspect.

Bees look to have all round strength. (even without Bridger !)

Pirates, well...a good top 3 (Holder, Watt & Ward or Janowski) & tough reserves.

Stars have a nice balance but reserves will need to score well.

Aces can be a bit unpredictable and with a familiar side from last season ought to do well but.......I would love them to reach the Play-Offs for a change.

Hammers are tough at home. A couple of away wins would make them Play-Off challengers though.

Robins are pretty consistent at home & have a class FTR in Wright. Depends also on how th 2 Poles will do.

Lions have a bit of a muddled team for me. Grandpa Bjarne could hold the key & Doyley will lead the team well again.

Wolves. Well someone has to finish bottom but I suspect Blackbird will rack up the points.

And if it means anything I thought Rye House would top the PL last year !!!!! :oops:

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Poole

Coventry

Belle Vue

Lynn

Swindon

Lakeside

Leicester

Wolves

1. Poole

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Coventry

5. Swindon

6. Lakeside

7. Leicester

8. Wolverhampton

Hope CVS and Adams are seeing all these predictions about where Wolves will finish.

As BWitcher has already stated elsewhere that we have been dealt a bad hand with the unavailability of both Woffinden and Pawlicki,it does question wether they could have made a better fist of it team wise.

Suppose the writing was on the wall what to expect,when we had first pick in the second group of reserves and they chose Josh Bates over everyone else.

Now that we know Poole will start without Ward, so I expect them to have changes after June 28th giving them a strong 2nd half to the season, so on that this is my prediction.

1 Poole

2 Coventry

3 K/Lynn

4 B Vue

5 Leicester

6 Swindon

7 Lakeside

8 Wolves

I expect the final to be Poole V's Coventry, with the pesky Pirates claiming the title again

Hard to tell how coventry will do til they find a fifth rider. Someone like mads you'd have to rank them one of the fsvourites.

someone like klindt and they will do well to finish fourth.

1. Kings Lynn
2. Poole
3. Coventry
4. Belle Vue

5. Lakeside
6. Swindon
7. Leicester
8. Wolverhampton

Going to be an interesting season in EL, always depends on injuries but on how teams look at moment I don't see Swindon doing as well this year and 4th and 5th I think could be a close battle between Belle Vue & Lakeside with I hope the Aces winning that battle.

Bring on the new season.

Hard to tell how coventry will do til they find a fifth rider. Someone like mads you'd have to rank them one of the fsvourites.

someone like klindt and they will do well to finish fourth.

Very true. Think the last signing will be very important.

With it looking more like Klindt after his tweet today 😦 I think a lot of these top 4 predictions will change. We would be in the lower end of the table.

Edited by mdmc82

If Leicester can get a good third heatleader, I fancy the Eagles-in-exile to make the play offs.

Now there's only Poole still to announce their team (rumours of Magic & Kasper but doubt that will be the team they finish with)

Taking into account team build up and fixture clashes. Here is my prediction for 2015

1. Poole

2. Belle Vue

3. King's Lynn

4. Swindon

5. Coventry

6. Leicester

7. Lakeside

8. Wolverhampton

1.kings Lynn

2.Poole

3.Leicester

4.Belle Vue