• Poole

BOTTOM FOUR

• Lakeside
  • Wolverhampton
  • Leicester
  • Swindon

WOODEN SPOONS

• Swindon

As Kildemand stepped in, Morris has been sensational and now they are likely to include Darcy Ward I would like to appologise for thinking the Robins were going to struggle and finish bottom and as a Wolves fan I am just happy Lakeside and Leicester are still helping us avoid that honour ;)

Otherwise pretty pleased with the initial predictions

As Kildemand stepped in, Morris has been sensational and now they are likely to include Darcy Ward I would like to appologise for thinking the Robins were going to struggle and finish bottom and as a Wolves fan I am just happy Lakeside and Leicester are still helping us avoid that honour ;)

Otherwise pretty pleased with the initial predictions

I fail to see why an apology is needed, predictions are based on the 1-7 pre season, Swindon have indeed strengthened and I now fancy them to beat us for the 4th place but as we all know injuries play a big part in speedway, and that can still happen to any team.

Belle would need to implode, think we'll be fifth still.

I think we'll still make 4th or even 3rd. Swindon have got to pick up at least 12 points on the road to equal us and that assumes they don't drop anymore at home and we don't gain anymore away. Otherwise Swindon have to rely on us dropping a lot of points at home.

Their Czech signing is an unknown and to make them stronger he is going to have to pick decent up points away.

• Like 1

I think we'll still make 4th or even 3rd. Swindon have got to pick up at least 12 points on the road to equal us and that assumes they don't drop anymore at home and we don't gain anymore away. Otherwise Swindon have to rely on us dropping a lot of points at home.

Their Czech signing is an unknown and to make them stronger he is going to have to pick decent up points away.

Wouldn't call him a unknown as he has risen up in the few years he has been racing and has beaten some good riders on the way. Certainly going to find it hard sometimes but will have the odd flash of potential and get points.

Swindon can get into the play offs and with a top three of Ward, Batchelor and Morris they have possibily the strongest heat leader trio in the league and Zengota is one of the strongest second strings to back them up. If Krcmar can add 3-4 points a meeting and the reserves hold their own they could beat anyone over two legs.

Wouldn't call him a unknown as he has risen up in the few years he has been racing and has beaten some good riders on the way. Certainly going to find it hard sometimes but will have the odd flash of potential and get points.

Swindon can get into the play offs and with a top three of Ward, Batchelor and Morris they have possibily the strongest heat leader trio in the league and Zengota is one of the strongest second strings to back them up. If Krcmar can add 3-4 points a meeting and the reserves hold their own they could beat anyone over two legs.

Perhaps I should have said he is an unknown quantity so far as riding in the EL. Under the present format he will be very poor if he can only add 3-4 points a meeting. I am expecting him to achieve an average of at least 5 but but I think some expectations of Ward are unrealistic, after all his current average is 8.7,which is about 11 a meeting if he has 5 rides. Overall, that gives them about 16 points and their guests and Howarth have not been far short of that.

I am not saying it is impossible for Swindon to make the play offs but it won't be easy for them to make up 12 points on Belle Vue and I think the Aces can still pick up more points away.

Edited by Aces51

Will see what the changes to Swindon do re next few meetings, will have a much better idea of who will be 4th by the end of July. Could be Swindon or BV.

Will see what the changes to Swindon do re next few meetings, will have a much better idea of who will be 4th by the end of July. Could be Swindon or BV.

I don't rule Kings Lynn out of the equation either. They are only +8 against Belle Vue's +7 and Swindon are currently -5.

Does anybody know the official cut off date before the play offs this year

Poole

Swindon

Coventry

Kings Lynn

Belle Vue

Leicester

Wolverhampton

Lakeside

Not a bad effort, especially happy with the bottom 3

• Like 1