British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brewer

Rip Lew Coffin

Have just heard the Legend Lew has passed on, sad news indeed but what a life story.

I may have false memory syndrome but I seem to recall seeing him ride at a grasstrack meeting in Kent c. 1967. If I am right Malcolm Simmons and Don Godden were also competing, but I do sometimes get my memories muddled. No doubt Norbold will know if I am right.

Have just heard the Legend Lew has passed on, sad news indeed but what a life story.

Think "Legend" is the proper word to describe Lew.Sad news.

Was racing against my uncle in the 50's, still going in the 70's and running training schools at Weymouth in the 80's. Then when my son started riding Speedway in 2004 he was still around offering help and advice. He must have ben best part of 90 last time I saw him wandering around at the Talmag Trial and that's a pretty good walk at any age.

One of life's good blokes and will be missed a great deal.

Sad news indeed, I remeber Lew helping Sean Willmott in school boy grass track when Willmott was pre team. RIP