British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

10 Clubs For Mdl In 2015 + New Vase Final

Midland Development League

Late entrant to Midland Development League makes it ten clubs for 2015

The 2015 Midland Development League has received a late application from Wolverhampton.

The nine clubs already named to run in the CITY GEARBOXES sponsored league unanimously accepted the late application from the Wolf Cubs to bring the strength of the league back to ten clubs.

So coming to the tapes come March will be Belle Vue , Buxton, Castleford, Coventry, Kings Lynn, Long Eaton, Milton Keynes, Scunthorpe, Stoke and Wolverhampton.

The 2015 fixtures should be out soon as Joint League Co-ordinator Laurence Rogers reveals, “I spent the weekend looking at all the dates available for each club and have tried to ensure that in almost every instance when their senior clubs were at the various tracks the MDL match will run after those clashes.”

Added to the 2015 fixture calendar is the MDL Vase pitting the reigning league champions Milton Keynes with KO Cup winners Kings Lynn with the clashes on Sunday 12th April at the MK Knights home track Mildenhall and the return at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday April 15th.

• Like 1

Back in the mid 80's there was junior teams alongside the top division so as a Wolves fan we saw Andy Phillips rise to the team and the Overseas Final, plus some good riders like Andy Hackett, Carl Stonehewer and many more progress through the ranks.

Now this is a return to the old days but I have very little knowledge of the heat format or how teams are formed. IE How many in a team ? Averages ? Age limit ? ......... so what do Wolves have to do to get a team for the new season ?

Now this is a return to the old days but I have very little knowledge of the heat format or how teams are formed. IE How many in a team ? Averages ? Age limit ? ......... so what do Wolves have to do to get a team for the new season ?

4 rider teams over 6 heats. UK passport holders on ACU licences who, at the start of the season, not previously declared in a PL 1-7, never ended a season with an NL average over 5 & a maximum of 50 NL appearances. 2 current NL riders max.

4 rider teams over 6 heats. UK passport holders on ACU licences who, at the start of the season, not previously declared in a PL 1-7, never ended a season with an NL average over 5 & a maximum of 50 NL appearances. 2 current NL riders max.

So i can imagine The Wolf Cubs may well have a couple of Cradley & Birmingham riders turning out for them to boost the gate at Monmore.