British Speedway Forum
Scott1412

Remembering #rico Spring Classic Friday 20th March - 7:00pm

Rather than an individual event the meeting will now see the 2015 Vortex Hammers taking on a specially selected Lee’s All Stars lineup headed by the 2014 Hammers Captain Davey Watt and regular Hammers guests Rory Schlein and Scott Nicholls.

The event will begin at 7pm with a National League Pairs mini meeting in which Marc Owen and Jack Kingston will represent the Hammers. Fans who book their tickets online will be able to watch part of this meeting from the Centre Green, a position normally only open to officials and VIP sponsors.

The Main meeting will start at 8pm with the Hagon Shocks kids taking to the track before Heats 1, 6 and 11, and pits viewing will be open all night for fans to get a behind the scenes look at the off track action. Heat 15 of the main meeting will see the winner take home the Rico Trophy.

The Vortex Hammers Co Promoter Jon Cook commented: “We’re finalizing the full lineup over the next fortnight and after consulting Emma Richardson we are pleased she was in favor of putting two teams together on a weekend when the Sport is overflowing with Individual events.

This is now an important part of the team’s preparations for the season and I know that Neil Vatcher is looking forward to going head to head with his old mate Phil Morris, who will be managing the All Stars. It’s also great to be able to open up the Centre Green and pits for the night as it’s been a feature of our practices in the past and this takes it to the next level”

• Like 2

Kelvin Tatum will be making a track return in this meeting. http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

I'm looking forward to this, it should be a great meeting! Am I right in thinking that there's still one rider to be announced for Lee's team?

I'm looking forward to this, it should be a great meeting! Am I right in thinking that there's still one rider to be announced for Lee's team?

I think they are all there now for the Lee's All stars

Davy Watt, Scott Nicholls, Rory Sclein, Richie Worrall, Kelvin Tatum, Justin Sedgmen and Ben Morley.

• Like 1

I think they are all there now for the Lee's All stars

Davy Watt, Scott Nicholls, Rory Sclein, Richie Worrall, Kelvin Tatum, Justin Sedgmen and Ben Morley.

Ah ok, I missed Sedgmen - cheers Tony :) It'll be good to see him ride, from what I've heard he's certainly improved since he rode for us. I think it's a great team that's been selected!

• Like 1

Ah ok, I missed Sedgmen - cheers Tony :) It'll be good to see him ride, from what I've heard he's certainly improved since he rode for us. I think it's a great team that's been selected!

I still rember him coming from the back to beat Freddie Lindgren so if he has improved on that it will be a treat to watch !

Justin's good choice for the meeting IMO . Did a decent job in his time with us and still has a fair degree of support among the fans.

• Like 1

I still rember him coming from the back to beat Freddie Lindgren so if he has improved on that it will be a treat to watch !

Justin's good choice for the meeting IMO . Did a decent job in his time with us and still has a fair degree of support among the fans.

Absolutely, watching him Sedg-hammering heatleaders was brilliant!

Edited by Mjolnir

A total of 25 races for attendees to enjoy including the track return of Kelvin Tatum in Friday's meeting dedicated to the memory of a great rider and damn good bloke! Hope to see you there for a meeting from which all profits will go to Lee's family. For further details and advance ticket sales go to: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/ I hope to see you there!

• Like 2

Can't believe it was nearly three years ago we lost Rico, still feels like only yesterday.

Weather looks ok the moment and praying it will stay that way, this meeting deserves a great crowd.

• Like 3

FIRST RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

8.45 am and day has dawned cloudy but dry with no hint of lain and none forecast to arrive today by the Met Office. In fact they reckon the cloud will burn off by later this afternoon, temperatures will rise to 10c (what's that in Fahrenheit?) and will stay at that level to around midnight so likely you won't need your thermal underwear! :)

So come on down, up or across to the home of the Vortex Lakeside action and let's Remember Rico! Full details of meeting at: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

Love him or hate him Nicki Pedersen is quite a guy for he has tweeted the following this morning as well as a photo of the two of them together:

4m4 minutes ago
#FlashbackFriday. I have just today named my new engine after my missed friend #RICO

Super Gesture Nicki!

• Like 2

Dry albiet very gloomy, oh for a bit of sunshine, think some warm clothes for tonight won't go amiss as it feels nippy out there this morning and with all these races to get through it promises to be longish but action packed evening, can't wait to see the King of Lakeside back.

WEATHER UPDATE - 11.50am

Briefly at the moment as I get used to using the office puter here at the track, it's dry and sun appears to be trying it's best to break through. Further updates follow throughout the day.Remember gates open 5.30pm NL Pairs first race 7pm

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Many thanks

As an extra, I am unable to attend tonight and I guess I will not be alone in that, so is there a link I could use and we could put on Updates for those who might want to donate to the fund as they cannot make it.

2.30pm WEATHER UPDATE

Fine. bright and sunny - yippee! NO rain and none forecast 8-)Come on down!

Further update 4.30ish

Off for a healthy (?) Macca's! ;)