British Speedway Forum
Scott1412

Remembering #rico Spring Classic Friday 20th March - 7:00pm

From which I take it you attend every meeting at Purfleet.

Nope, I don’t attend every meeting at Lakeside. I did about 10 meetings there last season. Now either I’m extremely unlucky seeing duff meetings, I need another pair of glasses, or perhaps everyone else needs a pair of glasses :lol: :lol: . My mate recons every meeting at Lakeside is a good meeting, well he does need to go to Specsavers. Why do I go then will be the next question? It’s a night out with the grandkids.

As far as I'm concerned DaveS, I've nothing to make excuses for! I'll be interested to reading your response to TonyE's post and perhaps you'd also care to say how many of the current operating tracks in the UK you've attended so we can compare notes as it were as I've been to all bar Northside and Redcar and I'm very much hoping to get to them both this year if it proves possible.

Bryn, quite rightly you stay mainly on the side of the promoters. No club would have any member of their staff saying bad things about the club or track.

I’ve done every current operating track in the UK since the late 70’s, including Linlithgow and Northside and I travel to Europe to watch speedway. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never been involved in any shape or form with any club. I’m a speedway fan. As a well-travelled speedway fan at that and I can honestly say Lakeside isn’t one of my favourite tracks, probably least favourite in the UK. But a large section of the Lakeside faithful will disagree in what I say, but as a paying customer, I’m entitled to my view.

Probably if the straights were shorter that would make the racing track better. The old Waterden Road track was the right size and shape. When they relayed the track when it became the London Lions they made the straights to long and was really a bigger version of the Arena Essex track with very little passing. So that’s Stummo’s reply, rightly or wrongly people will agree and disagree with me. Just as long as Lakeside get the crowds to support speedway then long may it continue.

• Like 2

Nope, I don’t attend every meeting at Lakeside. I did about 10 meetings there last season. Now either I’m extremely unlucky seeing duff meetings, I need another pair of glasses, or perhaps everyone else needs a pair of glasses :lol: :lol: . My mate recons every meeting at Lakeside is a good meeting, well he does need to go to Specsavers. Why do I go then will be the next question? It’s a night out with the grandkids.

Bryn, quite rightly you stay mainly on the side of the promoters. No club would have any member of their staff saying bad things about the club or track.

I’ve done every current operating track in the UK since the late 70’s, including Linlithgow and Northside and I travel to Europe to watch speedway. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never been involved in any shape or form with any club. I’m a speedway fan. As a well-travelled speedway fan at that and I can honestly say Lakeside isn’t one of my favourite tracks, probably least favourite in the UK. But a large section of the Lakeside faithful will disagree in what I say, but as a paying customer, I’m entitled to my view.

Probably if the straights were shorter that would make the racing track better. The old Waterden Road track was the right size and shape. When they relayed the track when it became the London Lions they made the straights to long and was really a bigger version of the Arena Essex track with very little passing. So that’s Stummo’s reply, rightly or wrongly people will agree and disagree with me. Just as long as Lakeside get the crowds to support speedway then long may it continue.

As I said in my last post Dave S, "Fair enough comment given what you've stated above. Given that, if we don't meet up during our respective travels this year, please do let me know in advance of any of your visits to Lakeside primarily or, as an alternative Kent, that might prove suitable for both of us to meet up to have a chat - okay?"

BTW I visited Linlithgow too - jeez it was cold! :wink:

Edited by Bryn