British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

If You Could Bring Back One Rider...

We would like your input, please, in to a readers/supporters' survey for Backtrack magazine.

Our question is:

If you could bring back one former rider (in his prime) to inject new life into modern speedway, who would it be - and why?

You only get one shot at it - no multiple answers, please (we could all rattle off most of the stars of the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s!)

The best responses will be reproduced in our next issue.

Thanks.

Tony Mac

Edited by tmc

Darcy Ward

Ok, we like your answer (ha-ha), but can we keep this serious and rule Darcy out of the reckoning....

Ok, we like your answer (ha-ha), but can we keep this serious and rule Darcy out of the reckoning....

do you know something Mudllo doesn't :P

Seriously- Clive Featherby - never a dull moment when he was about.

• Like 1

John langfield. Remember how he would jump the fence to express his opinion so to speak. Run up to the refs box to argue his point etc, Absolute character / racer / nutter (meant in a nice way lol). Problem is that all riders that will get mentioned in this post will get slaughtered by the refs and authorities nowadays with fines bans etc. When I think of things that used to happen at meetings that were part of the entertainment are now dealt with draconian rules. My son got fined £60 just for telling a ref he needed to go to specsavers and that was at nl level.

Edited by KN1
  • Like 4

For me it simply has to be Peter Craven. I would love to see him flying around the Tracks today.

I don't want to be awkward - but - could we bring back Hyde Road as well. :t::sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 4

Ivan Mauger...When the mighty Aces came to town, every man and his dog wanted to see the great man in action. It was even front page news in the local paper..

• Like 3

For unpredictability, Roman Matousek - anything can and did happen on and off track when Roman was riding and massively talented rider.

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

Shawn Moran, made it look so easy would like to have seen if he could have done it with the riders of today.

Kelly Moran for his sheer unpredictability , and his fun attitude.

And

Kenny Carter would have love to have seen him go head to head with Nicki Pedersen, which for me would have been box office.

• Like 3

Zenon Plech, never new when he was beat, brilliant to watch around the boards at Hackney.

• Like 1