British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

If You Could Bring Back One Rider...

Lee Complin, mainly to see how far he could have gone in the sport if took it serious as a full time career !

Buzz Burrows, the most naturally gifted rider never to be world champ.

I think that tag goes to Leigh Adams !

• Like 2

Anthoney Jones - a second half rider at Belle Vue in the 60's

Probably stood over 6' tall, and just couldnt stay on the bike. Got to the situation where there was a program quiz as to which lap and which bend and whereabouts on that bend he would fall off.

Pure entertainment value puts him as my nominee.

For racing value it has to be Peter Collins (followed closely by Ove Fundin and Peter Craven)

For me it has to be Garry Middleton,not the best rider by far,but for entertainment value,top notch!!

Brummies legend Graham Warren my dad said he was amazing!

In my lifetime it would have to be Kelly Moran.

Have to agree Brummies legend Graham Warren .

Mauger or Mauger or even Mauger the man is Mr Speedway and PC could not give him ahead start ,( one night at H/Road forgot to turn on his fuel kept the bike going and still won the race from last )one of the few riders who wouild slot straight into todays sport because he could adapt so easily and made it look effortless.No hanging off the bike just sheer poetry in motion Olsen would be my next choice but then he was the appentice after all.

Edited by FAST GATER