British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

If You Could Bring Back One Rider...

Tommy Knudsen...

Career fragmented by a broken back sustained whilst riding in Australia.

ATB

Dave

• Like 2

Bluey Wilkinson...the bonus points system scuppered his chance in 1936 and the hiatus from 1939-1948 ruined his chances of more titles.

Bluey Wilkinson...the bonus points system scuppered his chance in 1936 and the hiatus from 1939-1948 ruined his chances of more titles.

Sadly there were other reasons why he didn't win any titles between 1940 and 1948

Guest compost

George Newton for leg trailling ability and guts (coming back after surviving TB and minus a lung and several ribs - I think)

Briggo, he was great value for the sport in the way he could attract good publicity let alone his skills as a rider.

John langfield. Remember how he would jump the fence to express his opinion so to speak. Run up to the refs box to argue his point etc, Absolute character / racer / nutter (meant in a nice way lol). Problem is that all riders that will get mentioned in this post will get slaughtered by the refs and authorities nowadays with fines bans etc. When I think of things that used to happen at meetings that were part of the entertainment are now dealt with draconian rules. My son got fined £60 just for telling a ref he needed to go to specsavers and that was at nl level.

Keith, I have to admit to being a bit disappointed to hear this about Kyle.

All those years of listening to good solid p*** taking I would have expected something a bit more original than specsavers :lol:

• Like 2

Kenny Carter for me. Whats I've seen in video/youtube the guy was clearly something special and if half the stories are true then he knew how to cause a scene :D

Oh dear! Not the brightest posting ever!

Have I had a senior moment?.

Have I had a senior moment?.

I think it's being suggested you have missed the fact there was a war and no World Finals. But I read your posts as, "..he would have won a World Title if there was not a war on causing there to be no World Finals".

That is what I meant...sorry if my post was unclear.

I think it's being suggested you have missed the fact there was a war and no World Finals. But I read your posts as, "..he would have won a World Title if there was not a war on causing there to be no World Finals".

War or no War, being already dead would have severely hampered his chances

• Like 2