British Speedway Forum
ProperSport

Badge Collectors/programmes

Starting collecting Badges in Oct 2011 and through Ebay ( 95% ) as a hobby has grown to a decent collection of 1187 ( and counting ) ranging from a good few rare badges to the mass produced badges from the 1970's to a good few overpaid in my collection :D and was wondering ( as I only know a couple of collectors/sellers ) who else collects badges / programmes ( only purchased around 20 programmes mainly rare ish ones from the 1930's ) , real geek alert that they are all in lovely glass boxes !! and enjoy the hobby thats takes me away form the daily stress of work etc ...

Just wondered how many of us are out there in the world of badge collecting ? ( Speedway1927 on Ebay ) ....or collect other Speedway items - Race Jackets/Photos etc

Cheers

Chris

Edited by ProperSport

I have a small badge collection, around 30 or so, that I started a couple of years ago when I started going to away tracks more often. They're a sort of record of where I've been as I'll get one at each track or event each season - I look forward to adding the Ben Fund / Swindon 2015 badges next weekend!

I only have one race jacket so far but I hope to get my hands on some more.

I always enjoy looking at speedway memorabilia. It sounds like you have quite the collection of badges! And in glass boxes too! Is there a particular favourite in your collection?

Hi - sorry missed the reply

I have to say that the Motherwell Badge from 1951 the Eagles is amongst my favourite , also like the Buxton Badges from the 2000's onwards and the Leeds Badge is pride of place from 1938 - also just added to the collection a Harringay Fob from 1938 which is unusual and nice

Cheers