British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

League Top Three

Eastbourne to win. I think top 3 in no order will be : Eastbourne, mildenhall, cradley

Dip my toe in here to begin with and go with Eagles, Young Stars and Fen Tigers.

Dip my toe in here to begin with and go with Eagles, Young Stars and Fen Tigers.

actually I agree!

If Eastbourne win the league I will eat my hat!

And when you pass it ill eat that

• Like 1

Phillipsr is going to have a nice dinner 😂

Of course he will, Eastbourne aren't going to win the league. ;)

Of course he will, Eastbourne aren't going to win the league. ;)

how do you know have you got a stupid haircut and a car that takes you back to the future? :rofl:

Phillipsr is going to have a nice dinner

Phillipsr may have to make a chocolate cake in the shape of a hat

• Like 1

1. The team that finished the season with it's starting 7 riders

2. The team that loses no more than 1 of it's starting 7 riders to the PL

3. The team that loses no more than 2 of it's starting 7 riders to the PL

In a league that is all about the taking part and not the winning, who actually cares where they finish up in the league? At this level, success brings with it the "leveler" of a riders elevation to a higher league, So whilst it's great to have a knockout team in March, by May or June there may be nothing of that team left if they all do as well as predicted. No point raising hopes that are bound to be dashed, Just be grateful that you see some good racing. (which is where Eastbourne fans will suffer thanks to that 50p shaped trick track of theirs)

agree with most of this(never been to eastbourne)

1. The team that finished the season with it's starting 7 riders

2. The team that loses no more than 1 of it's starting 7 riders to the PL

3. The team that loses no more than 2 of it's starting 7 riders to the PL

In a league that is all about the taking part and not the winning, who actually cares where they finish up in the league? At this level, success brings with it the "leveler" of a riders elevation to a higher league, So whilst it's great to have a knockout team in March, by May or June there may be nothing of that team left if they all do as well as predicted. No point raising hopes that are bound to be dashed, Just be grateful that you see some good racing. (which is where Eastbourne fans will suffer thanks to that 50p shaped trick track of theirs)

how do you know have you got a stupid haircut and a car that takes you back to the future? :rofl:

How did you know? Helps me get a decent parking space at meetings and I'm not alone in having stupid haircut being a speedway fan :P

How did you know? Helps me get a decent parking space at meetings and I'm not alone in having stupid haircut being a speedway fan :P

Hahahaha nothing wrong with a stupid haircut :wink:

• Like 1

Alphabetically, Birmingham, Cradley and Mildenhall are my favourites to take the top three places.

There's usually a team that's tipped to go well that for some reason or another falls short and for no other reason than a gut feeling I think it may be Rye this season. On paper they equally strong contenders for a top three place though.

If a team is to step up and do better than many expect I think that could be Coventry, but there's a lot of pressure on Ritchings to hit the ground running after almost an entire season out and Knuckey to have a whole season in the form he showed in the latter part of 2014.

There are lots of unknown quantities though so for the first time since 2010 when we joined the league I don't have a huge amount of confidence in my own predictions for the season ahead. It should be a very competitive season and I'm very much looking forward to it.

• Like 2