British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Me and my mate just booked flights for the gp in Tampere ..

Has anyone been before or going ? Where would you suggest best seats are in the stadium as looking to get these booked by Saturday for the £15 discount

• Like 1

Went last year but can't unfortunately this year.

Views are really good from all the seating so really just depends on where you like to watch from.

We were on 3rd/4th bend last year and the sun was in our eyes (and it doesn't really set in Finland at that time of year). Better to have the sun than rain though!!

Gutted. Arrive in helsinki on business the day after this meeting. Had a look at changing flights to travel a day earlier but would cost over 200 quid to change. Schoolboy error not checking the date of this before booking.

Now official, that Nike Lunna and Jiri Nieminen are the GP reserves most likely in that order.

A "qualy" meeting is held at the track on May 2nd for the wild card. It's gonna be an interesting day!

Now official, that Nike Lunna and Jiri Nieminen are the GP reserves most likely in that order.

A "qualy" meeting is held at the track on May 2nd for the wild card. It's gonna be an interesting day!

Yeah,especially if one of the "reserves" win :rofl:

• Like 2

Yeah,especially if one of the "reserves" win :rofl:

Nieminen is in Austria for the GP quali, not at Ratina. Dont know if Lunna will be there, from memory Scunthorpe is a weekend track.

SML has a Sec quali slot in Debrecen on May 1st, sgp on may 2nd with Nieminen and Mäkinen is to be at Lonino on May 3rd. Then theres still left the may 16th (ratina sgp date) sec quali in France.

• Like 1

Interesting wording on a sportowefakty news regarding Tampere SGP.

In matters concerning the beginning of the season, the choice of the holder of a wild card for the tournament Grand Prix Finland scheduled May 16 in Tampere, will be made between Joonas Kylmaekorpim and Timo Lahtim. The main candidates for this tournament reserve players are Nike Lunna and Jari Makinen.

In the story they are quoting speedway.fi story, where it clearly states that Lunna and Nieminen are the reserves. I translated the article with google.

"English GP's deputies appointed
Speedway Grand Prix driven Tampere Ratina 16th day of May. The competition is named after the Vice agents of the dominant young Finnish Champion Nike Lunna and Jiri Nieminen.
Competition in the wild card fate solve, in turn, Ratinan GP-oval 2.5. executable competition. According to preliminary data there is Finnish cutting edge maaradan world champion Joonas Kylmäkorpi and Timo Lahti, including. Competition is also a good test for future GP track."

So why quote a source if you do the story yourself?

Interesting wording on a sportowefakty news regarding Tampere SGP.

In matters concerning the beginning of the season, the choice of the holder of a wild card for the tournament Grand Prix Finland scheduled May 16 in Tampere, will be made between Joonas Kylmaekorpim and Timo Lahtim. The main candidates for this tournament reserve players are Nike Lunna and Jari Makinen.

In the story they are quoting speedway.fi story, where it clearly states that Lunna and Nieminen are the reserves. I translated the article with google.

"English GP's deputies appointed

Speedway Grand Prix driven Tampere Ratina 16th day of May. The competition is named after the Vice agents of the dominant young Finnish Champion Nike Lunna and Jiri Nieminen.

Competition in the wild card fate solve, in turn, Ratinan GP-oval 2.5. executable competition. According to preliminary data there is Finnish cutting edge maaradan world champion Joonas Kylmäkorpi and Timo Lahti, including. Competition is also a good test for future GP track."

So why quote a source if you do the story yourself?

This used to a thing with sportowefakty years ago.Thought they had improved,although I hardly look nowadays.

I always liked it when they copied my results from here(including the mistakes) and never gave a source :rofl:

I hope they sort the track out as it was chronically boring last year--Helsinki and Tampere are awesome and the people are friendly and look out for the lemon and liqourice ice cream yum!

I've read they've started laying track and making it wider, any photos yet? Are they bringing inside line in?

I've read they've started laying track and making it wider, any photos yet? Are they bringing inside line in?

SADLY because of the drainage and the soccer pitch requirement there won't be many changes to the track from last year.

SADLY because of the drainage and the soccer pitch requirement there won't be many changes to the track from last year.

So excuses even before the event has been run...

Did I imagine 'there will be re-alignments', 'alterations to the shape' etc.. etc.. that were promised after the last borefest?

It's just utterly tiresome, and is why speedway is a joke amongst motor sports.

So excuses even before the event has been run...

Did I imagine 'there will be re-alignments', 'alterations to the shape' etc.. etc.. that were promised after the last borefest?.

You possibly read it from Spar, as I wrote it after attending a press conference at the track in mid December.

You possibly read it from Spar, as I wrote it after attending a press conference at the track in mid December.

Who said that then.The same guy who always promises a better track next year at Prague? :rofl:

• Like 2