British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

WEATHER forecast isn't that good... going to be very cold with rain or snow. Oh for a roof

My forecast now says +12 with only 6% chance of rain. It was a LOT worse just 6 hours ago. Got to just wait and see I guess...

Edited by f-s-p

WEATHER forecast isn't that good... going to be very cold with rain or snow. Oh for a roof

A roof clearly worked wonders last time with the track!

• Like 2

Sod the roof.

How is the Starting Gate, The Two Minutes Clock, the referee's paranoia, Graham Brodie's Walkie Talkie, the track, Paul Bellamy's excuse-bank?

And most importantly Nicki Pedersen's demeanor?

P!ss wet shale is fine.

It's the rest of the show, and it's potential for disaster, that will kill us.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Sod the roof.

How is the Starting Gate, The Two Minutes Clock, the referee's paranoia, Graham Brodie's Walkie Talkie, the track, Paul Bellamy's excuse-bank?

And most importantly Nicki Pedersen's demeanor?

P!ss wet shale is fine.

It's the rest of the show, and it's potential for disaster, that will kill us.

Can't help but feel NP was a big factor in Warsaw being called off. Him and the Aussies..

• Like 2

Speedway Star have clearly taken the most diplomatic of routes.

A minimal, almost non-existent, preview of Tampere in this weeks Star.

Always best to avoid talking about the foul smell when in company.

You can never be sure who has the dog-mess on their shoe.

EDIT.

The Warsaw jinx strikes again.

Just noticed that the cover claims that the mag contains a preview of the POLISH GP ROUND 2 !

I would have thought it was bad enough first time around !

Let's hope this is not an Omen for Tampere.

Edited by Grand Central

Be interesting to see how many tickets have been sold. Was horrified when I saw the price, but as I'm going I suppose I'll have to pay it. Just hope I'm in the right place at the right time and someone has got some spares and is trying to flog them cheap, happened before so you never know.

I'm fully expecting to be watching this in a (almost) empty stadium after last year. I assume the only fans that will be travelling any distance will either be,

A, those that have to go to every GP.

B, those that have to "tick" every track.

Talking of "A", heard about some chap flying to Melbourne, out Thursday night, arrive Saturday Morning, watch meeting, come home Sunday. Dedicated? mad? or sad?, option 3 for me.

By the way, I fall into category "B", which many will say is just as sad, but at least it gets me around Europe when there's no Football to watch over here.

Fingers crossed for a good and FULL meeting............... GO TAI

So do I and, more importantly, Eurosport. They must wonder what they've taken on this season so far. One completed fixture, three abandoned and two rained off.

Edited by tocha

Finland is playing CZ at the moment in ice hockey. If they win, they play on saturday again. Either at 4 pm or 9 pm. From the 5 million that we are, 1,8 will be watching that match on TV.

I've checked the Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian weather offices and they all forecast a partially cloudy weather for the afternoon and evening.

• Like 1

Finland is playing CZ at the moment in ice hockey. If they win, they play on saturday again. Either at 4 pm or 9 pm. From the 5 million that we are, 1,8 will be watching that match on TV.

Was texted an hour ago that ticket sales had increased significantly. = )

Ice hockey is not a problem anymore either... = (

Edited by f-s-p

Yes, sadly I no longer need to work out how much of the ice hockey semi final I'll be able to watch.

Be interesting to see how many tickets have been sold. Was horrified when I saw the price

Not after a massive argument but just wondered why? Don't think they're dirt cheap at all but Finland isn't the cheapest place in the world and for me the price is roughly inline with what I would expect.

Whilst there is a discussion to be had on the value for entertainment based on last year's meeting ticket prices are never going to reflect such things, I'm sure the formula 1 Spanish GP for example isn't cheap despite it's dullness, and the prices seem to be ok based on what I used to pay for Cardiff anyway.

JUST had a chat with Greg Hancock who walked the track this morning and he says the shape is much improved on last year, wider going into the corners although still a little narrow coming out. Been raining this morning but should be okay for practice at 5pm local time (3 pm bst).