British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Who said that then.The same guy who always promises a better track next year at Prague? :rofl:

It was promoter Jarno Kosonen. Also present were general manager Yrjö Laukkanen, clerk of the course Mika Laukkanen and Perttu Pesä from the city of Tampere.

This was also reported in local general media.

SADLY because of the drainage and the soccer pitch requirement there won't be many changes to the track from last year.

That's shocking. The track was rightly condemned by riders and fans alike last year and promises were made to make changes. We sat and watched as seats emptied as the meeting went on. I reckon half the crowd left before the end. They will not return without major changes to the track.

The stadium and location was great, as was the city, country and people. Rather than the highlight of the weekend the SGP was a massive disappointment. Not as much as Riga but that is a whole different story!

What matters Oleoleole BSI have their money, they don't need to worry about anything else!!

THE track is the responsibility of the local promotion. As far as I can make out they were keen to reshape it this year but have been stymied by the placement of the drainage for the soccer pitch will will stage Finland's major soccer internationals this year. There will be a few changes but not as much as they desired.

Oleoleole is right ... everything else about the Finnish GP was top notch and no doubt will be again.

THE track is the responsibility of the local promotion.

... until after practise the day before the meeting BSI/FIM takes control of it. Which also makes a huge difference to the charasteristics of the track material. As seen last year.

... until after practise the day before the meeting BSI/FIM takes control of it. Which also makes a huge difference to the charasteristics of the track material. As seen last year.

TRUE (it's the FIM RACE Director who assumes control )but any rider will have told you that the biggest problem was the shape. Long straights and narrow corners never work well.

Further to Tress comment about BSI just taking the money ... they are as keen as anyone to see an entertaining event, not just live but on TV. It's not in their interests to have a processional GP although in speedway there are no guarantees no matter what the track outside of probably Torun and Bydgoszcz (now a dead duck sadly).

TRUE (it's the FIM RACE Director who assumes control )but any rider will have told you that the biggest problem was the shape. Long straights and narrow corners never work well.

Yes. Hopefully though, the lesson learned with watering last year will be remembered.

So it's patently obvious the shape isn't conducive to good racing, yet the venue gets approved for a GP and we're told with a straight face that BSI care about entertainment.

As far as I can make out they were keen to reshape it this year but have been stymied by the placement of the drainage for the soccer pitch will will stage Finland's major soccer internationals this year.

So which 'major soccer internationals' would these be, given that I don't see any listed in Tampere during 2015? Maybe the women's under-17s have a game...?

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

Further to Tress comment about BSI just taking the money ... they are as keen as anyone to see an entertaining event, not just live but on TV. It's not in their interests to have a processional GP although in speedway there are no guarantees no matter what the track outside of probably Torun and Bydgoszcz (now a dead duck sadly).

Have I missed something ??

Yes. Hopefully though, the lesson learned with watering last year will be remembered.

You know how this works......the locals get the blame BSI get the dosh and if by any chance it is a good GP then BSI take the credit,otherwise its the FInns,Latvians,Czechs(delete as applicable)fault :P Possibly the worst example seemed to be the love in with the NZ promoter until it became clear there would be no more NZ GPs then a hail of criticism came.......

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

You know how this works......the locals get the blame BSI get the dosh and if by any chance it is a good GP then BSI take the credit,otherwise its the FInns,Latvians,Czechs(delete as applicable)fault :P Possibly the worst example seemed to be the love in with the NZ promoter until it became clear there would be no more NZ GPs then a hail of criticism came.......

I do have an idea, yes. Though it's not quite what your after.

SADLY because of the drainage and the soccer pitch requirement there won't be many changes to the track from last year.

Feel sorry for the fans who have bought tickets on the back of this hollow promise !

Feel sorry for the fans who have bought tickets on the back of this hollow promise !

I think I'd have more tolerance if there wasn't the (semi-)official pretence from the shills each year that something is going to be done about the tracks.

Have I missed something ??

Bydgoszcz has been bankrolled by its city council, but the city council has finally tired of the financial mismanagement at the club and pulled the plug on the funding. I suspect this also means no subsidies for GPs.

• Like 1

Oh Phil Rising, I wonder what your opinion would be on everything BSI if you weren't involved with them .....