British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

*Sigh*

Of course they won't. The turnover from regular use of the stadium for league speedway and other leisure activities is critical. But to eliminate the GP and SWC - the biggest events the stadium will ever likely host - as any significant factor in the business model is plain nonsense.

AND, of course, the capacity can be greatly increased to (I believe) around 16,000 should the need arise.

COULD always buy the box set of dvds...

I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed to publicly broadcast bits of it for his own gain though without the prior permission of BSI..so it amounts to the same thing really I'd say.

So Torun was the old sell the land off to a supermarket and get a new site or stadium at a reduced cost.This has happened before.Think of the Crayford stadium or Dulwich Hamlets.And I don't think they were hoping to host a match in the World Cup or a piece of the Olympics as part of their plan :rofl:

So Torun was the old sell the land off to a supermarket and get a new site or stadium at a reduced cost.This has happened before.

Think of the Crayford stadium or Dulwich Hamlets.And I don't think they were hoping to host a match in the World Cup or a piece of the Olympics as part of their plan :rofl:

It's the same story in Eskilstuna, Smederna had their old track, Snälltorpet, located in the city but was "evicted" since the city

wanted to sell the land to constructions companies who intended to use the area for housing. Anyway the city built a new track 12km outside the city.

which the city still owns and which the clubs rent from the city. Quite far from the city but the advantage is that almost all motorsport in the city now can

be found at the same place at Eskilstuna Motosportarena. Only club have their own locations now (Eskilstuna MK) which have their own

Folkrace/Rally sprint/Rally cross track about 5 km outside the city in a former gravel pit.

Edited by Ghostwalker

COULD always buy the box set of dvds...

So this is the organisation that openly says it pays poor prize money, but provides the platform for riders to go out and get sponsorship? A competitor is seriously expected to go out and buy a DVD of himself?

• Like 1

I bet FIM Europe and OneSport must be rubbing their hands with glee at the chance to show that the SEC could become a superior championship to the SGP series

Mind you-

"According to the jury's decision, ‪SEC Challenge‬ on Lendava has been postponed. Local club did not manage to prepare the track well enough and there could be no other decision. New place and date will be announced soon, however the meeting needs to take place till the end of next week. More information soon."

Think it puts to bed the conspiracy theory that Warsaw was somehow a puppet on a string event organised by Onesport though

Think it puts to bed the conspiracy theory that Warsaw was somehow a puppet on a string event organised by Onesport though

How? Local Slovenian club mess up qualifier in front of a few 100 people (maybe thousand) vs the biggest meeting in World Speedway since the 1981 World Final.

How? Local Slovenian club mess up qualifier in front of a few 100 people (maybe thousand) vs the biggest meeting in World Speedway since the 1981 World Final.

If Onesport had the power to get Warsaw called off then they certainly had the power to get Lendava on

If Onesport had the power to get Warsaw called off then they certainly had the power to get Lendava on

This meeting is the same as the gp challenge, it's organised by FIM Europe where FIM does the GP qualis. So one could argue, that so far Onesport has not messed up anything...

This meeting is the same as the gp challenge, it's organised by FIM Europe where FIM does the GP qualis. So one could argue, that so far Onesport has not messed up anything...

Yes,but if Onesport are the great mafia that some are trying to make out they would have got this meeting on.It is in their interests as they have a big press conference set for Thursday in Germany to announce wildcards etc......I'd say they are not as powerful as some try to make out

Edited by iris123

Yes,but if Onesport are the great mafia that some are trying to make out they would have got this meeting on.It is in their interests as they have a big press conference set for Thursday in Germany to announce wildcards etc......I'd say they are not as powerful as some try to make out

I've not done any digging on Onesport, but I remember that the company was created to be the promoter for SEC. Cant see them being a threat towards IMG. If FIM Europe try's to rattle the cages, FIM will act.

So should we start the beer drinking and internet terror in two hours? Mag is almost ready and everything is set... :t::drink:

• Like 1

I've not done any digging on Onesport, but I remember that the company was created to be the promoter for SEC. Cant see them being a threat towards IMG. If FIM Europe try's to rattle the cages, FIM will act.

So should we start the beer drinking and internet terror in two hours? Mag is almost ready and everything is set... :t::drink:

So you don't ant any pics of Aarnni Heikkilä? :rofl:

Saw the request for riders from Gerdemann for the Longtrack at Tampere today.Is he living out there now?

Edited by iris123

No I dont think so. He the contact between the promoters and riders (in Germany). Dont know who "found" him at first, but he's well connected and liked in Finnish longtrack.