Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Farmers Guardian, shouldn't that be Farmer's Weekly 😊, wish I had the land and money some of the farmers round here have! We'd have speedway in Norwich then 😁

And yes there was a page on Tai, forgot that ... that was a one off!

• Like 1

Well I sincerely hope the meeting is at least a little better this year. I'll be travelling down again (can't moan about missing speedway if I won't make the trip down!) and whilst I always enjoy being at a GP last year was possibly the worst I've seen.

Farmers Guardian, shouldn't that be Farmer's Weekly , wish I had the land and money some of the farmers round here have! We'd have speedway in Norwich then

And yes there was a page on Tai, forgot that ... that was a one off!

Steve Ribbons is bringing speedway back to Norwich isn't he?

You know how this works......the locals get the blame BSI get the dosh and if by any chance it is a good GP then BSI take the credit,otherwise its the FInns,Latvians,Czechs(delete as applicable)fault :P Possibly the worst example seemed to be the love in with the NZ promoter until it became clear there would be no more NZ GPs then a hail of criticism came.......

I do have an idea, yes. Though it's not quite what your after.

THE track is the responsibility of the local promotion.

Oleoleole is right ... everything else about the Finnish GP was top notch and no doubt will be again.

Can't wait..........

• Like 2

I AM quite capable of making up my own mind thanks and certainly don't agree with everything they do. But, in general, think the SGP has been a huge flag bearer for speedway, taking it an an audience that otherwise wouldn't care less, and if the rest of the sport went about their business as do BSI we would all be better off.

But that's just my opinion... certainly don't expect everyone to agree.

:oops:

After saturday, they're queing up to agree.

THE track is the responsibility of the local promotion. As far as I can make out they were keen to reshape it this year but have been stymied by the placement of the drainage for the soccer pitch will will stage Finland's major soccer internationals this year. There will be a few changes but not as much as they desired.

Oleoleole is right ... everything else about the Finnish GP was top notch and no doubt will be again.

PR - your earlier comment appears to be at odds with what the Polish authorities are saying about Warsaw?! Or is it a different situation depending on the contract for each venue/country?

Rumours that there are already issues with the track/infrastructure. Any truth?

PR - your earlier comment appears to be at odds with what the Polish authorities are saying about Warsaw?! Or is it a different situation depending on the contract for each venue/country?

THE Finns are doing their own track with no involvement from Ole Olsen.

In Warsaw, the PZM contracted OO to do the track but it was also a stipulation from BSI.

• Like 1

THE Finns are doing their own track with no involvement from Ole Olsen.

In Warsaw, the PZM contracted OO to do the track but it was also a stipulation from BSI.

'Jobs for the boys' backfires on them.

• Like 2

'Jobs for the boys' backfires on them.

THAT'S far too simplistic. They obviously think he is the best man for the job, having produced far more good tracks than bad ones. But it certainly might be time for a change, although I doubt whether there are people lining up to take over.

STATEMENT from BSI ...

Statement from Paul Bellamy, managing director, BSI Speedway:

I would like to apologise to all fans in the Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, on behalf of BSI Speedway. We are terribly disappointed with how events unfolded on Saturday.

We respect the FIM Jury decision to call the result after heat 12 due to the track conditions.

A lot of the information reported in the media is inaccurate. We will require a full investigation on what happened from all concerned and will communicate the results once completed.

Rumours that there are already issues with the track/infrastructure. Any truth?

At least it won't be the worst gp this year....

no guarantee of that if the rumours that SCB is hearing are true!

THAT'S far too simplistic. They obviously think he is the best man for the job, having produced far more good tracks than bad ones. But it certainly might be time for a change, although I doubt whether there are people lining up to take over.

STATEMENT from BSI ...

Statement from Paul Bellamy, managing director, BSI Speedway:

I would like to apologise to all fans in the Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, on behalf of BSI Speedway. We are terribly disappointed with how events unfolded on Saturday.

We respect the FIM Jury decision to call the result after heat 12 due to the track conditions.

A lot of the information reported in the media is inaccurate. We will require a full investigation on what happened from all concerned and will communicate the results once completed.

Problem being he has been the only man for the job, hence a closed shop and jobs for the boys.

If BSI had been more professional and tendered the track contract from the start there would now be several contractors bidding to take on the contract and no doubt would be may able to offer a better and more competative product. That's the way it works in normal business.

BSI/Olsen have had 15 years experience of putting temp tracks into existing stadiums many with closable roofs to aleviate the uncertain elements situation and they still can't get it right.

ffs We even had a 'rain off' in a closed roof stadium.

Timo Lahti gets the wild card

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/sgp-lahti-far-wild-card/

¨http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/lahti-lands-tampere-wild-card/

Notable is that Lahti for this season have decided to use a Swedish license so that his Swedish team can use him as a Swedish rider.

Nike Lunna and Jiri Nieminen will be reserves. Krister Gardell is the referee.

Edited by Ghostwalker