British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Best Pairs Cup

Pretty poor that he binned off EL and an international meeting but turned out in the PL. Shows a lack of ambition to improve UNLESS he really struggled last night having felt better than he did on Thursday.

Hospital visit last Thursday and a very last minute decision to try to ride last night, followed by the tweet below.

I believe he was run over by Auty a week ago.

Really struggling with my fitness after my crash last week. Really shouldn't of attempted to ride tonight as I'm not 100% sorry to my team

• Like 1

That's a good statement, puts it all in perspective and offers an insight into the relationship between manager and rider.

This pairs series has been a welcome inclusion in the Eurosport schedules because it means we get speedway but it has a long way to go before it will receive the proper recognition as a big series, here's hoping it continues and GB are able to put forward a squad for the 3 meetings next year.

Edited by nw42

That's a good statement, puts it all in perspective and offers an insight into the relationship between manager and rider.

This pairs series has been a welcome inclusion in the Eurosport schedules because it means we get speedway but it has a long way to go before it will receive the proper recognition as a big series, here's hoping it continues and GB are able to put forward a squad for the 3 meetings next year.

A few on here could do with winding their necks in, no surprise who some of them are though..

Edited by Jacques

Seems to me that there was only Scott Nicholls and Kyle Howarth left as GB riders who were available.

Danny King, Chris Harris, Eddie Kennett and Ben Barker all unavailable riding for their clubs tonight, and also with Craig Cook not fit.

No other choice than to do the next best thing and book a guest replacement in Rory Schlein.

Kyle is riding for his club tonight too

I think what gets people angry is that statements come out today when it was clear in tai`s case if you look at his twitter feed that he has known all week or maybe longer that he would not be riding and that has done him no favours , we do not know all the in`s

and outs of all this but he does himself no favours by leaving it till today to make a statement . on his twitter page he said he

was in Denmark on Tuesday then on to Poland so he knew then he would not be riding today in the pairs .

• Like 2

I think what gets people angry is that statements come out today when it was clear in tai`s case if you look at his twitter feed that he has known all week or maybe longer that he would not be riding and that has done him no favours , we do not know all the in`s

and outs of all this but he does himself no favours by leaving it till today to make a statement . on his twitter page he said he

was in Denmark on Tuesday then on to Poland so he knew then he would not be riding today in the pairs .

it isn't Tai's responsibility to announce or explain who is representing our Country!

I'm not totally convinced by his explanation, I would think a top Pole or Dane would still have ridden, even Bomber offered to change his riding plans on Rosco's Twitter.

it isn't Tai's responsibility to announce or explain who is representing our Country!

your right it`s not but all im saying is that if he knew that he was not riding he did himself no favours by not saying

because he must of knew that he would be the one catching all the stick as it has turned out .

• Like 1

your right it`s not but all im saying is that if he knew that he was not riding he did himself no favours by not saying

because he must of knew that he would be the one catching all the stick as it has turned out .

I refer you to my previous reply...

Mybe the BSPA should fork out 1000 quid or so to get him British Citizenship if he's been here long enough.

Surely if he was that interested he would do it himself.

• Like 1

Correct it's not but as it was quite widely publicised he must have known his name was being put forward.

Now if publicity was going about that I was going to be belly dancing in my local town centre when I knew that I would be in Blackpool (both scenarios extremely unlikely :P ) I would tweet/send press release to say I was not available and would not be appearing as soon as possible. He didn't have to give reasons if he didn't want to but at least fans would not be looking forward to seeing him.

It would also allow fans to attempt to question those "in charge" :rofl: as to why.

There is obviously much more to this than meets the eye. Wouldn't it be nice if someone actually had the balls to stand up and tell the paying customers. In fairness I think Scott Nicholls has done his best and I look forward to reading his autobiography when he eventually hangs up his leathers :wink:

• Like 1