British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Best Pairs Cup

Perhaps if he had informed the organizers of the event earlier maybe it is up to them to give a press release to the public.

But his name is part of his reputation and it was allegedly being misused. In that case surely any sensible person would put a stop to it.

Belly dancing in your local town centre I should coco now that would be a sight for sore eyes. :rofl::shock::D

There's as much chance of that as seeing me in Blackpool :nono::D:P

• Like 1

Correct it's not but as it was quite widely publicised he must have known his name was being put forward.

Now if publicity was going about that I was going to be belly dancing in my local town centre when I knew that I would be in Blackpool (both scenarios extremely unlikely :P ) I would tweet/send press release to say I was not available and would not be appearing as soon as possible. He didn't have to give reasons if he didn't want to but at least fans would not be looking forward to seeing him.

It would also allow fans to attempt to question those "in charge" :rofl: as to why.

There is obviously much more to this than meets the eye. Wouldn't it be nice if someone actually had the balls to stand up and tell the paying customers. In fairness I think Scott Nicholls has done his best and I look forward to reading his autobiography when he eventually hangs up his leathers :wink:

I didn't know anything about it until last night when SCB mentioned it on Facebook :D

Why should he? He probably knows he's better off saying nothing, it would only get twisted like it normally does!

All those who think One Sport are wonderful must surely be questioning it now though? Thats todays meeting where until they last minute they have been naming Woffy and they did it in the SEC meeting 18 months ago when it was obvious he wasn't going to ride but they announced him as riding until the last minute.

Seems they are bad at misleading the fans as any other speedway promotion.

Those who wish for the 'halcyon days' of the 60's and 70's have today had their wish granted....

We are nicking Australasians again to ride for us!!!!!

I think what gets people angry is that statements come out today when it was clear in tai`s case if you look at his twitter feed that he has known all week or maybe longer that he would not be riding and that has done him no favours , we do not know all the in`s

and outs of all this but he does himself no favours by leaving it till today to make a statement . on his twitter page he said he

was in Denmark on Tuesday then on to Poland so he knew then he would not be riding today in the pairs .

Nothing to do with Tai.

That's to do with the promoters of the meeting!

I'm not totally convinced by his explanation, I would think a top Pole or Dane would still have ridden, even Bomber offered to change his riding plans on Rosco's Twitter.

Yeah, well done Bomber!

Offered to leave his club short to ride in a CHALLENGE meeting.

Appreciate the effort from Schlein to come in at short notice and cover our backs, this guy gets my total applause, seems to want to help anyone out within British speedway. Sure he'll give it his all...

No, he is just enjoying getting extra paydays.

So we have an Australian riding for England and an English rider riding on a German licence that will take some explaining to a newcomer 😂😂shows the state English speedway is in 🙊🙈

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

I didn't know anything about it until last night when SCB mentioned it on Facebook :D

Why should he? He probably knows he's better off saying nothing, it would only get twisted like it normally does!

well if it is going to get twisted then he should say something as its his reputation that is getting stick , and im sure

he would know that after all the stick he got over is he English or Australian he would be the one getting stick . I don't see why he should be getting all the blame if someone else is using his name and reputation to promote this event unless he is stupid

enough to think he would not get the blame , im sure tai is not that stupid or maybe im wrong .

So we have an Australian riding for England and an English rider riding on a German licence that will take some explaining to a newcomer shows the state English speedway is in

An Aussie for an Aussie... what's the problem? Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

So your telling there is no GB riders that would of rode ?? I'm sure there would of been plenty who would of went we might of finished way off the pace but least they would be proud to wear the jacket !! I'm a Kingslynn fan but do they really want to ride for us?? Rory is a passionate Aussie who only wants to ride for GB as the Aussies normally have such a good team (not as good this year I know)and Rory is normally only a reserve for oz but he will walk into the GB team. and lambert does not really want to represent GB otherwise he would not still be on a German licence !

So we have an Australian riding for England and an English rider riding on a German licence that will take some explaining to a newcomer shows the state English speedway is in

and that my friends is why Speedway will never be more than a two bit sport in the eye of the masses.

An Aussie for an Aussie... what's the problem?

can you explain please?

I know Australia is a big country and a continent but Darwin and Scunthorpe are a long way apart