British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Best Pairs Cup

Not brilliant eh, I couldn't have a drink tonight because I'm on the road early in the morning. Maybe it's the drink I missed rather than decent racing!!!!!!

Now I feel guilty complaining, at least I only missed out on the decent racing :drink:

• Like 2

Not the best racing indeed, but no wonder with such dreadful weather conditions. I thought this was noway going to be held after all the rain.

They added loads of new material on the track which made it all a 'bit' sketchy for the riders ;) thumbs up to all of them competing.

Now on the road home, gotta love it lol :)

• Like 2

How Rory s is even allowed to compete for us is just a joke,what about Lewis Kerr or even Roynon for example.Germany gave a place to a rider that races in Germany only,why not give Kerr or Roynon a place,its far better to have them in the team gaining ex,rather then making fools of ourselves with who turned up .Gino M came in to the usa side for ex and did have a couple of good races,so why not ask Ker who has ability or Roynon who has shown ability to race for their country.

Edited by speedwaysliders

Guest WTF1

Just watched this after sky+ it , all i can say is thank god for the fast forward button, what a load of crap, a gater's paradise and the poorest advert you will get for a speedway meeting.

How Rory s is even allowed to compete for us is just a joke,what about Lewis Kerr or even Roynon for example.Germany gave a place to a rider that races in Germany only,why not give Kerr or Roynon a place,its far better to have them in the team gaining ex,rather then making fools of ourselves with who turned up .Gino M came in to the usa side for ex and did have a couple of good races,so why not ask Ker who has ability or Roynon who has shown ability to race for their country.

Rosco explained why he was struggling to get a British rider able to and want to go-Kerr rode Friday in Edinburgh and today is at Newcastle. Roynon was at Plymouth Friday. The bikes they use in Britain would have been the ones they would have used in Esjberg
  • Like 2

Rory Schlein riding for GB - how low can British speedway fall that we have an Aussie representing us (and no mention of Woffinden :wink: )

Not as low as your intelligence.

How many times do people have to be told it was a challenge meeting!

• Like 4

I agree but this is not surprising, Esbjerg have rarely produced any particular good speedway those times the past few years that

I have seen meetings from it on Kanalsports broadcasts from Esbjerg,

Personally I think Fjelested usually is quite good racing but the arena probably is of a bit lower standard..

I'd agree.Whenever I have been to Esbjerg I have rarely seen a good meeting.Most times a dustbowl,but last night it was damp and still poor

What I must say how the stadium has developed in the time from my first visit.It was basically a grass bowl with a garden shed as the refs box and a small pavilion with a café and roof for about 40 of us to shelter under as it rained the whole way through a Denmark U21 v Sweden U21 meeting.Now it looks pretty good(for Denmark) with seats and a better its etc

Edited by iris123

You are quite right.Alot of people are getting excited about Schlein riding but as you point out it is basically a challenge meeting.As I stated somewhere I think it was Vaculik that rode for Czech Republic last year.

The way I look at it is at least an up and coming Brit would have gained some experience out of this by riding against some of the top riders in the world.

• Like 1

That is basically what GB got out of it, Lambert gained some vital experience on the international stage and have a good account of himself against some decent riders. It's a pity Cook was unable to ride as I think he would have got some benefit from it too. The fact Rory had to ride in the other spot wasn't ideal but it was a challenge meeting at the end of the day so does it really matter.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 6

a gater's paradise and the poorest advert you will get for a speedway meeting.

er... Warsaw?

I am pretty sure my IQ is significantly higher than yours but why you feel you have to raise this point is probably down to your own insecurities :rolleyes:

Challenge meeting or not - Rory Schlein was representing GB and that can't be good for British Speedway!

Should have just called them TeamBritishCommonwealth then surely nobody would have batted an eyelid!

Edited by Trees

I am pretty sure my IQ is significantly higher than yours but why you feel you have to raise this point is probably down to your own insecurities :rolleyes:

Challenge meeting or not - Rory Schlein was representing GB and that can't be good for British Speedway!

Still not grasping it are you?

No he wasn't, it wasn't an official meeting so he wasn't representing Great Britain. It isn't logged as an official appearance.

However, just for one second we'll take your argument and how bad it is for British Speedway... imagine if other sports did the same.. what a laughing stock they would be!

Just imagine if South Africans played cricket for England..

Just imagine if Brazilians played football for Portugal..

Not in pretend competitions, not even in friendlies (which are official) but just imagine if it was in a Test Match or a World Cup!

It would never happen!!

Oh wait....

• Like 3