British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Pie 'n' Mash & Prefabs

When is Norbold going on his Nationwide book signing tour?. :rofl:

I look forward to getting my signed copy Norbold. :t:

Is the cheque in the post, chr? :D

No!

Didn't you say something about Free Copies to all Forum Members? :shock: :shock: :shock::wink::rofl: :rofl:

You mis-read the offer WK...it was a free signed copy for all 67 year old forum members who first watched speedway in 1960. :rofl:

Only joking Norbold.

• Like 1

Back in the days when I lived in South East London, Manzes in Peckham High Street was the best pie 'n' mash shop in the area and apparently it still is.

http://www.manze.co.uk

It's not far from the Old Kent Road so all New Cross fans (including Norbold) should know it.

Was a regular at Manzes in the 60s, shopping down Rye Lane, then pie n' mash, then walk back home to Nunhead. Dog and speedway racing at New Cross, cricket at The Oval, football at Dulwich Amlet and The Valley. There's still a few Londoners in the London overspill town of Swindon that get their pie n' mash delivered from Manzes.

• Like 1

Was in Sainsbury's in West Belfast on Friday afternoon and saw the paperback edition of this tome on offer at 3.99. Couldn't resist.

Slightly surprised as it's subject matter is hardly a natural fit for your typical West Belfast denizen - mind they also stock Speedway Star.

• Like 1

I have just bought a new copy for £3.00 with free postage on ebay. Looking forward to reading this :party:

• Like 1

Just finished it. Great read. I knew a few families who lived in prefabs here in Weymouth and without exception they all really liked them and were sorry when the time came for them to move to more permanent homes.

Quality nostalgia Norman.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. The Kindle edition has just reached no. 156 in Amazon's paid Kindle book chart and is no. 1 in European Biography; no. 1 in UK History, no. 1 in London Cultural History and no. 1 in Historical Biography 1901 onwards. :)

Edited by norbold
  • Like 2

Just downloaded it for my Kindle................will let you know what I think...............

RP

• Like 1