British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Pie 'n' Mash & Prefabs

Thank you, RP. It's now up to no. 49. Must be your purchase that did it. :cheers:

Up to no. 42 this morning, just one place behind Game of Thrones. I'm now waiting for the call to discuss making an epic TV series out of it..... :)

• Like 2

Up to no. 42 this morning, just one place behind Game of Thrones. I'm now waiting for the call to discuss making an epic TV series out of it..... :)

Good luck with that norbold. :t:

If you are considering a Title for the Show - 'Norbold's Hole' would be good. :wink:

• Like 1

Was in Sainsbury's in West Belfast on Friday afternoon and saw the paperback edition of this tome on offer at 3.99. Couldn't resist.

Slightly surprised as it's subject matter is hardly a natural fit for your typical West Belfast denizen - mind they also stock Speedway Star.

Apparently, unbeknown to me, my publisher has done a deal with Saisbury's. It is now available nationwide in their shops. Can't be bad!

Good luck with that norbold. :t:

If you are considering a Title for the Show - 'Norbold's Hole' would be good. :wink:

Will somebody put me out of my misery and tell me..................what the heck was Norbold's Hole about...........

I keep hearing about it but it must have been before my time or I missed it..............

RP

Will somebody put me out of my misery and tell me..................what the heck was Norbold's Hole about...........

I keep hearing about it but it must have been before my time or I missed it..............

RP

Are you winding me up? :mad: :mad: :wink:

:rofl:

• Like 1

Are you winding me up? :mad: :mad: :wink:

:rofl:

As if I would...............no I have no idea what its all about at all.............

RP

• Like 1

As if I would...............no I have no idea what its all about at all.............

RP

I don't know either.

Thank you for Posting though. At least I know that there are TWO of us - far better than being alone RP. :t:

• Like 2

Am I missing something here? What is the speedway connection for this thread?

Edited by Guest

Am I missing something here? What is the speedway connection for this thread?

General Discussions gustix. :t::)

I understand there is a brilliant new book being published today. All about growing up in Hackney in the 1950s and 60s and contains a part about going to speedway in the 60s and how the author came to be named after a speedway rider...Looks good. :)

More info here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pie-Mash-Prefabs-1950s-Childhood/dp/1784181234/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1425542499&sr=1-1&keywords=Norman+Jacobs

Obviously someone is "missing something".You just have to look at the opening post............

• Like 1

General Discussions gustix. :t::)

Then why is the thread not under that section on the BSF?

Because of the opening post.Simple,just like you

• Like 1

My copy arrived today...looks to be a good read.

• Like 1

Because of the opening post.Simple,just like you

That's a rather rude comment - but I now expect these sort of retorts from you - and some others on the BSF! :icon_smile_clown: