British Speedway Forum

is speedway the new Tesco/morrisons ? you can only rip people off so many times and then you start paying the price for an overpriced product. only ever been to one blrc (e lite) league championship. that was at belle vue a long time ago. but at least you saw really top riders and no fill in guys who wouldn't normally get a look in any where. and there were enough teams in it to have 1 rider representing their team, not 2. TOTAL RIP OFF .

At last...someone who agrees with me! :t:

If i wasn't working i might have been tempted to go but the £25 to get in is a lot, plus £4 for programme and fuel on top of that.

The sport is struggling for fans and it is suicide to charge this amount of money when all it is doing is stopping actual fans from going.

• Like 4

At last...someone who agrees with me! :t:

I agree with you too, just couldn't be bothered to post saying so cos they never listen anyway!

is speedway the new Tesco/morrisons ? you can only rip people off so many times and then you start paying the price for an overpriced product. only ever been to one blrc (e lite) league championship. that was at belle vue a long time ago. but at least you saw really top riders and no fill in guys who wouldn't normally get a look in any where. and there were enough teams in it to have 1 rider representing their team, not 2. TOTAL RIP OFF .

I think this is the 3rd year the price has been around £25 to watch the ELRC .The BSPA must be satisfied with the numbers attending or they would have addressed the issue by now.People will moan about the price but many will still go,enough to make it viable,don't expect any change soon.

Thank you Star Lady. Why does common sense come way down the list with the people who run the sport/.

Oh for a Johnnie Hoskins or a Mike Parker...someone with vision and nous.

Well I'm looking forward to supporting the Lynn riders, hope you lot miss £25 worth of great racing nur nur nur nur nur!! ;-)

I won't be buying a prog, not necessary and my car does 60 to the gallon so £25 diesel and hopefully a passenger, not so bad :-)

If I was really tight I could take sarnies and a flask ;-)

Edited by Trees

If I was really tight I could take sarnies and a flask ;-)

...and have them taken off you at the gate.

it's not bad value with 7 of the 2015 GP field and 6 former GP riders.

Edited by mrcts
  • Like 1

...and have them taken off you at the gate.

Sure I'm more cute than that lol

I'm a bit surprised Maciej Janowski has agreed to ride as he's in Adrian Miedzinski's testimonial today - you know the meeting that is stopping Miedzinski from representing Swindon!! :wink:

• Like 2

AJ has pulled out of the ELRC due to sickness and will be replaced by Richard Lawson.

Why couldn't Adrian get the same flight as Magic and represent Swindon in this meeting tomorrow?

So AJ is out. Replaced by Lawson. So we welcome Miedzinski and AJ back to British Speedway and they both rather promptly drop out of the ELRC. Seriously, why are they bothering?

So AJ is out. Replaced by Lawson. So we welcome Miedzinski and AJ back to British Speedway and they both rather promptly drop out of the ELRC. Seriously, why are they bothering?

AJ certainly didn't seem to be riding to the standard I was expecting tonight (if it was sickness then that makes sense), whereas Richard was definitely up for it and looking pretty fast. While I appreciate that AJ is a more desirable name for the ELRC, Richard will be more competitive and entertaining if tonight is anything to go by. If he's sick then he's sick - I wouldn't expect him to ride if he's not feeling up to it.

• Like 1

Shame it's not on a different track where it's not going to be who gates wins. Hopefully it will be a good meeting.

• Like 2