British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Bob Kilby Memorial Swindon March 26th

Amazing how Scott has always done well at Swindon apart from when he had a Robin on his chest:-)

Didn't he have a lot of personal problems that years though

Well done Scott, did well against some strong home riders along with Freddie, Harris & Hans.

• Like 1

Amazing how Scott has always done well at Swindon apart from when he had a Robin on his chest:-)

?? Scott Nicholls had been shocking as a rider at the Abbey most of the time before he joined Swindon .. it was .one of his worst tracks he even got beat by that Austria bloke we had .

I really do wonder sometimes if people have a memory loss sometimes .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

?? Scott Nicholls had been shocking as a rider at the Abbey most of the time before he joined Swindon .. it was .one of his worst tracks he even got beat by that Austria bloke we had .

I really do wonder sometimes if people have a memory loss sometimes .

It's not as if he's put his average up since leaving Swindon either. He was signed to be the next Leigh Adams at a time when he was on the wane himself, people expected too much.

It's not as if he's put his average up since leaving Swindon either. He was signed to be the next Leigh Adams at a time when he was on the wane himself, people expected too much.

I Never knock Scott that much because he gives his best in every race but the bottom line is Swindon is one his poorest tracks thou like tonight he's had the odd good meeting .

Edited by orion

Fricke again was impressive,also in Kurtz there is a future star in there i believe.Nicholls / Andersen looked to be capable of improvement this year average wise,as usual Harris bust a gut and was good value.Sedgeman really surprised rode really well also had one bad ride in that,he has brought his Aussie form over and he should have a good PL campaign.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Quite an enjoyable meeting with some very close racing, but I wish they would not start speedway till about May as it was B cold.

• Like 2

Quite an enjoyable meeting with some very close racing, but I wish they would not start speedway till about May as it was B cold.

Hence a dreadful crowd, looked less than 1000

But for the ef while leading Nick Morris would had been on 12 in fact he probably should be on 13 as he failed to cover the switchback by Grash ...looked impressive yes it is his home track but against decent fields he generally struggles until this year...some committed riding and some decent races especially later on but effin cold!

• Like 1

Decent nights racing with some very dodgy starts which weren't pulled back. Fast Freddie and Hans A we're both lightning from the start.

Tiny Tom Brennan looked a tidy little rider

• Like 1

Decent nights racing with some very dodgy starts which weren't pulled back. Fast Freddie and Hans A we're both lightning from the start.

Tiny Tom Brennan looked a tidy little rider

Could make tonight's meeting when they face each other again entertaining

But for the ef while leading Nick Morris would had been on 12 in fact he probably should be on 13 as he failed to cover the switchback by Grash ...looked impressive yes it is his home track but against decent fields he generally struggles until this year...some committed riding and some decent races especially later on but effin cold!

I know you have always rated Nick Shock's,and ER as well but what do you expect him to achieve ?.As a racer he is box office i love how he gets through on the line he is worth the 17 pound admission fee alone i am looking at a 7.5 average this year is that asking to much.?
  • Like 3

Hence a dreadful crowd, looked less than 1000

Perhaps they should make this meeting the opener at the new stadium next year, would be a capacity of at least 2500 there. When it was first held were thousands there.