British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Theo Pijper Night Of Champions (edinburgh) 20/3/15 @7.30pm

Someone got it wrong again though.fans don't care who gets it wrong,things go wrong to many times at speedway meetings.the times I've been hanging around due to all kinds of delays is not acceptable.there's proberly about 8 tracks I think twice about going to because of delays of some kind happening to me at a previous meeting.in the last half hour on here I've read problems at Edinburgh,Ipswich and wolves.not a good start to the season.fans won't put up with it these days.

But Edinburgh speedway had nothing to do with the delay. They just allowed him to use the stadium to host his meeting. The rest was up to theo and his team of helpers to organise

Edited by Mr Blobby

Can relate to the situation.I travelled up to a Danish youth final a few years back and had to hang around for ages as the promotion had forgotten to order a doctor,so had to ring around Denmark on a sunday afternoon trying to find someone.........by the time the meeting could start so had the rain and got worse as the meeting went on.Have to admit I was pretty peeved as the meeting would have been almost over by the time the rain started.In that situation fans don't really care who is to blame and will make them think twice before travelling far.At least that is what has happened in my case

• Like 1

I agree in this case it's not the promotions fault but when there's a delay of any kind for whatever reason except crashes of course I always think if it's worth going next time.it's not just the delays for me it's the all round lack of professionalism. Il stop my rant now it's to early in the season!

Isn't it the case that, when there's a private testimonial or similar event held on a BSPA track, it is still the home promotion who are held to be the staging authority, as a testimonial committee or whoever aren't licensed to run speedway?

In any case, in the eyes of the general public it was a long delay "at the speedway" and a reason to think twice about going to another meeting. Whoever was in the wrong, or got signals crossed, it is the Monarchs' promoters who'll carry the financial can when these folk don't return.

• Like 1

Mr blobby it was nothing to do with theo. He was told by a member of the promotion that all was in place,as was all the staff as per a usual armadale meeting. This was 100% not down to theo,he organised the riders and sponsers only. Shame as it was it was sorted and everyone done well to get the meeting on after that.

It does appear to me that Mr Blobby I'm sorry but you do have your facts wrong ... I know it was NOT down to Theo or his group of organisers that the ambulance was booked for the next week ... it was in fact left in the capable hands of the promotion ..and that I know for sure being carries (Mrs pijpers) sister!

But Edinburgh speedway had nothing to do with the delay. They just allowed him to use the stadium to host his meeting. The rest was up to theo and his team of helpers to organise

So you actually think a handful of people who don't normally run speedway meetings can step in and run the show? This is drivel. Obviously everyone does their normal job and there are a few extra periferal things for a Testimonial. As for the ambulance, there is no blame attached to anyone other than unfortunately the ambulance company, though it was simply an innocent mistake. The delay is potentially harmful to both Edinburgh speedway and the Testimonial, not wanted by anyone but I think the first time in almost 500 meetings that such a thing has happened at Armadale.

The ambulance delay was a most unfortunate let down in an otherwise well organised event which should have run smoothly and been a night for Theo and his family to remember for all the RIGHT reasons

As one of "The committee" and someone who has been on every testimonial committee since 1991, I can assure you that although the rider has to pay for the ambulance, IT IS NOT THE JOB OF THE RIDER OR COMMITTEE TO ARRANGE THE AMBULANCE

I have been to numerous tracks the length and breadth of the country and endured delays for one reason or another but Edinburgh promotion pride themselves on running well organised speedway and putting on a slick show. Whatever went wrong on Friday I have no idea but it happened and the sad thing is that a few people seem to prefer to bellyache about that rather than talk about the great person who is Theo Pijper, and his otherwise great testimonial

BTW, huge well done to Jim McGregor for pushing the meeting through and everyone who was so patient during the delay

This can't be the case, Bobby is never wrong :D