British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Adam Roynon

How much more???????????

PETERBOROUGH ace Adam Roynon has suffered multiple broken ribs and a bruised lung.

The injury-cursed Readypower Panthers racer was involved in a spectacular crash during the opening lap of the 2015 season earlier today (March 15).

Roynon was taken to Peterborough City Hospital following the smash in which he was also briefly knocked unconscious.

Co-promoter Trevor Swales said: "I've had word from the hospital that Adam has broken a number of ribs and also suffered a bruised lung.

"He is continuing to undergo tests and I'm told he is likely to remain in hospital for a few days.

"We will no doubt get a clearer picture as to how long Adam is likely to be out in the coming days, but we are thinking it is likely to be at least four-to-six weeks.

"It is such a horrible way to start the season and is such a cruel blow to a man who has had more than his fair share of bad breaks."

People are focusing on the broken ribs but how many times now is it thats he's been knocked unconscious? How many more times can his brain take being rattled around before it just says, "sod it". Bones can, to some extent, heal but a head injury is nasty.

Adam, give up please! It's not worth it!

Edited by SCB

People are focusing on the broken ribs but how many times now is it thats he's been knocked unconscious? How many more times can his brain take being rattled around before it just says, "idiot it". Bones can, to some extent, heal but a head injury is nasty.

Adam, give up please! It's not worth it!

Spot on post,,,

Suppose al get some stick for this, but, the lad seems to be a magnet for accidents, how much 'bad luck' can you have, or is it all bad luck ???,,,

Spot on post,,,

Suppose al get some stick for this, but, the lad seems to be a magnet for accidents, how much 'bad luck' can you have, or is it all bad luck ???,,,

I think it just his body. Where as most riders crash and bounce, say ouch and then get back up and carry on feeling a bit sore, Adam hits the floor and his bones break. I don't think he crashes any more than anyone else but he must have weak bones.

sadly adam doesnt come out of accidents too well

hes great to watch when alls going well

but at some point he must through in the towel as he really must hurt on a cold morning with all the injures his had

I think it just his body. Where as most riders crash and bounce, say ouch and then get back up and carry on feeling a bit sore, Adam hits the floor and his bones break. I don't think he crashes any more than anyone else but he must have weak bones.

ive just said exactly the same to a friend off mine when he asked if id heard

hes had too many broken bones to ignore them

anyone remember the article in the sun a while ago listing all his injuries ? well theres more to add to that long list now

Think Adam needs to think hard regarding his future in the sport he is having too many serious injuries.Maybe he is unlucky but he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,it can't all be bad luck IMO .He is very stylish and fast in front but doesn't seem to be able to read race situations when behind IMO .Wish him a speedy recovery .

That's a very good point. It has been noticeable to me that very often he is too close to riders in front when exiting bends. All riders do it, but he seems to do it more often.

That's a very good point. It has been noticeable to me that very often he is too close to riders in front when exiting bends. All riders do it, but he seems to do it more often.

I think watching him that he put too much faith in the ability of other riders in the race at times to his cost .
  • Like 1

I was just discussing this too. Adam is a great little rider, in fact when Rye won the league in 07 he finished the year Stronger then Tai. However it's been one too many accidents now. In my opinion (worth nothing I know) he needs to either take a full year out and fully recoup or maybe even quit. Easy for me to say it's not my livelyhood, but I do worry for him.

How much is this the Riders - and - how much is it the Bikes/Tracks combination?

I still think they are a contributory factor.

1929 type Tracks and 2015 type Bikes - do they really mix?

Injuries have been part and parcel of the Sport of Speedway for years - but it really is getting ridiculous now. When are the 'powers that be' going to learn?

Season after Season things seem to be getting worse. It can't and it shouldn't go on.

As for poor Adam - I think his body has taken enough punishment, I think he should retire. A real shame because he is/was terrific to watch.

• Like 3

How much is this the Riders - and - how much is it the Bikes/Tracks combination?

I still think they are a contributory factor.

1929 type Tracks and 2015 type Bikes - do they really mix?

Injuries have been part and parcel of the Sport of Speedway for years - but it really is getting ridiculous now. When are the 'powers that be' going to learn?

Season after Season things seem to be getting worse. It can't and it shouldn't go on.

As for poor Adam - I think his body has taken enough punishment, I think he should retire. A real shame because he is/was terrific to watch.

The only realistic answer would be to slow things down. There aren't more crashes but the injuries are more severe, even with better safety-wear and better fences. We all have our opinions of how that could be achieved. Personally I think there are more reasons than bad luck for Roynons long catalogue of disasters, but I don't wish to get into a slanging match over that.

• Like 1

I do wish he would pack in now. I haven't enjoyed watching him ride for quite a long time due to all the injuries he's had and as I'll be going to more Peterborough matches this season I'd rather like my visits to be stress free. He's too much of a worry. :neutral:

I may get shot down in flames here making this post but IMHO AdaM is not an unlucky rider , if your unlucky you might pick up one two injuries that may prevent from taking your place in a big meeting , but Adam has had several crashes most of the spectacular type where he has suffered multiple injuries , to me it quite simple he's unable to control the bike at high speed . It's time he decided to quit or his friends , family and Drs advise him that maybe it's for the best before its to late and he damages himself ,irreparabley

• Like 1

I've said before and I'll say it again, someone needs to give Adam a wake up call. He's too brittle boned for this sport. I can remember him breaking his leg in 5 place at Rye House just by laying his bike down to avoid Phil Morris.

Every year Adam has a bad injury. It's nothing to do with the bikes or the tracks, it's simply a matter that where other riders bounce, Adam breaks. Enough is now enough now. Adam, for your long term health's sake, please call it a day.

• Like 3