British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Adam Roynon

I may get shot down in flames here making this post but IMHO AdaM is not an unlucky rider , if your unlucky you might pick up one two injuries that may prevent from taking your place in a big meeting , but Adam has had several crashes most of the spectacular type where he has suffered multiple injuries , to me it quite simple he's unable to control the bike at high speed . It's time he decided to quit or his friends , family and Drs advise him that maybe it's for the best before its to late and he damages himself ,irreparabley

I've seen a couple of his crashes and they're nothing more or less than many rider have all the time. I saw his do a vertebrae in his back at Swindon just sliding off. His big off at Lynn pre-season a few years back was his bike failing, his big off at Coventry at the start of 2013 was a simple slide off but the rider behind couldn't miss him. When he broke his leg when at Brum circa-08 he was just involved in a mele when others fell and he laid the bike down like rider so all the time but he was injured. I'm positive it's just his body is not made for speedway, it doesn't bounce and bend, it snaps.

Roynon needs to think long and hard about his long term future, he cant keep taking these knocks.

As previous post mentioned one question that needs to be asked is how many times has he been KO'd or suffered a concussion , isn't the brain only supposed to suffer a certain number of concussions during an entire lifetime I'm sure Adams Brian will have taken its fair share by now,remember it's not allways diagnosed at first or sometimes not at all . With cunncusion awareness currently now very much in the spotlight in all sports I think if and when he's fit enough to even consider a return to the track he should be made to undergo a full Neurological examination before he's allowed anywhere near a bike

• Like 1

As previous post mentioned one question that needs to be asked is how many times has he been KO'd or suffered a concussion , isn't the brain only supposed to suffer a certain number of concussions during an entire lifetime I'm sure Adams Brian will have taken its fair share by now,remember it's not allways diagnosed at first or sometimes not at all . With cunncusion awareness currently now very much in the spotlight in all sports I think if and when he's fit enough to even consider a return to the track he should be made to undergo a full Neurological examination before he's allowed anywhere near a bike

Well said. In any other business, IMO Adam would not get insurance cover given his history. Ironically he rides before and after the Benevolent meeting, crashes in his first lap, and no doubt will be back on the insurance. Unlucky.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

People are focusing on the broken ribs but how many times now is it thats he's been knocked unconscious? How many more times can his brain take being rattled around before it just says, "sod it". Bones can, to some extent, heal but a head injury is nasty.

Adam, give up please! It's not worth it!

Totally agree.

Bones will mend or they will eventually, but the brain is a different matter altogether.

I am a Adam Roynon fan, but I really do think it is time for him to call it a day.

He has nothing to prove, he has given it his best shot, he has shown great courage to come back time and time again to give it a go.

But for his own safety I really hope that he calls it a day while he is still in one piece and has all of his faculties about him.

But I suspect that he will comeback and he will continue to put his neck no the line.

Totally agree.

Bones will mend or they will eventually, but the brain is a different matter altogether.

I am a Adam Roynon fan, but I really do think it is time for him to call it a day.

He has nothing to prove, he has given it his best shot, he has shown great courage to come back time and time again to give it a go.

But for his own safety I really hope that he calls it a day while he is still in one piece and has all of his faculties about him.

But I suspect that he will comeback and he will continue to put his neck no the line.

and maybe others too :-(

Could the numerous concussions cause him to have some kind of split second blackout. When you think of all the vibration(that's the best word I can think of) your body goes through while riding, a brain that's been knocked about could react in unusual ways.

Could the numerous concussions cause him to have some kind of split second blackout. When you think of all the vibration(that's the best word I can think of) your body goes through while riding, a brain that's been knocked about could react in unusual ways.

At Brum in 2008, Adam was as quick around PB as Jason Lyons and was a fantastic rider to watch. Then came the crash at Rye and that was his Brum career over, more's the pity.

He does seem very fragile which is a shame for such a talented lad, but this situation occurs in so many sports.

If I were him I'd say enough was enough.

Even if he was cleared by medical experts to make a come back can the authorities revoke his licence and refuse permission for him to return to racing on the grounds that it may in his own best interests ?

You may be the one with concussion as you've posted the same message twice.

• Like 2

:rofl: :rofl:

TBH it's not a joking matter

My double post is due to fat fingers on a touchscreen phone after a few beers after 3 days work with call out at night

So very probably I am acting now like someone with minor concussion.

How many riders in the middle of the season in a similar boat.

Mind you the money's good

As I said before concussion is now a serious issue across all sports now , some thing that started in the NFL. IMHO its probably because the authorities are terrified about any future litigation that may arise

TBH it's not a joking matter

My double post is due to fat fingers on a touchscreen phone after a few beers after 3 days work with call out at night

So very probably I am acting now like someone with minor concussion.

How many riders in the middle of the season in a similar boat.

Mind you the money's good

are you saying that rider's are actually riding their bikes after 3 days on the beer and texting at the same time ???,,, lol

No ifs No buts, its definately time for Adam to call it a day, he will be like a punch drunk fighter soon, and the BSPA/ ACU have a duty of care just as everyone else has. Im only surprised that he is still able to get Insurance cover, in fact if i were the BSPA i would ask to see proof of this insurance, because Adam must be close to being uninsurable.

Adam call it a day mate, before you get an injury that you cant recover from.

• Like 2